Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-14-2014, 03:26 PM   #1

Default hello everyone

I just joined the club. Took delivery on a 2015 330 toy hauler used it twice and I still love it. I think I am going to learn a lot from you smart people

wjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 05:37 PM   #2

How nice.

I got my XT 276 in the spring of 2012 and love it as perfect fit for my needs.

It's been basically problem free too althought seems like some haven't been so fortunate.

Welcome aboard!

Old 10-14-2014, 08:19 PM   #3

Default Thanks glad to be here

I did have a list of problems the first time out that were easy fixes. could not open exhaust vent for stove they occidentally (or maybe not) chalk the vent around the outside. The elbow for the shower drain was never connected so we had a flood. . The screen door would not open with the main door, minor adjustment. 4 screws were totally stripped out of there holes. We get to the campground and my daughters boy friend says Mr. Johnson the flood lights in the back are filled with water (go figure, we drove down in the rain). We run the awning out and there are holes in it 7in apart every ft. or so all the way out to the end. There's more, I am pulling it over to the dealer to get the warranty work done we come to a red light and I hear this bang noise. The hitch moved in the upper slotted hole now its tilted 30 degrees or so. I'm scared as heck, I know nothing about them weight distribution hitches, (I do now). Then on the next trip I hook up and the one bar is a bit hard getting it on, normal I think, and the other side I just slid over with my hand, what!!, now the darn thing isn't adjusted right. So I raise the L bracket one hole. Now I have different heights on the L brackets that doesn't seem right to me. Don't no if I even want to go back to the dealer with that problem. But after all of that I really love this RV........Wayne.......................Thanks
Old 10-15-2014, 07:33 AM   #4

As has been said before, the check over by the selling dealer when the unit arrives at their lot from the factory is paramount.

I doubt some dealers do any more than show the factory delivery driver where to park it on their sales lot, put a price on it and tell their sales personnel it's available now.

My selling dealership apparently checked my unit over completely, tested all factors/appliances and made adjustments as needed before I arrived. The service mgr. also did a walk thru and showed/explained how everything worked...and also installed/set-up my WD hitch with my tow vehicle there.

Sad many selling dealers are so incompetent.

Happy travels.
Old 10-15-2014, 07:57 AM   #5
Site Team

It doesn't sound like your hitch is adjusted correctly at all. The brackets on each side should be adjusted the same I would think. Unless I'm misunderstanding what you're describing. Can you post a pic?
LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 08:30 AM   #6

Default Re: Thanks glad to be here

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjohn
I did have a list of problems the first time out that were easy fixes. could not open exhaust vent for stove they occidentally (or maybe not) chalk the vent around the outside. The elbow for the shower drain was never connected so we had a flood. . The screen door would not open with the main door, minor adjustment. 4 screws were totally stripped out of there holes. We get to the campground and my daughters boy friend says Mr. Johnson the flood lights in the back are filled with water (go figure, we drove down in the rain). We run the awning out and there are holes in it 7in apart every ft. or so all the way out to the end. There's more, I am pulling it over to the dealer to get the warranty work done we come to a red light and I hear this bang noise. The hitch moved in the upper slotted hole now its tilted 30 degrees or so. I'm scared as heck, I know nothing about them weight distribution hitches, (I do now). Then on the next trip I hook up and the one bar is a bit hard getting it on, normal I think, and the other side I just slid over with my hand, what!!, now the darn thing isn't adjusted right. So I raise the L bracket one hole. Now I have different heights on the L brackets that doesn't seem right to me. Don't no if I even want to go back to the dealer with that problem. But after all of that I really love this RV........Wayne.......................Thanks
What brand/model hitch?
Old 10-17-2014, 06:29 PM   #7

Default hello everyone

wjohn:
Don't feel like the Lone Ranger. We drove our 2014 233 off the lot and directly to a 3 day campout/shakedown. Our first day started with a slide that wouldn't extend...followed by stabilizers that didn't reach the ground...shower gaskets installed backwards (flood)...leaking kitchen sink...screen door that was so warped there was a one inch gap at the top...on and on and on. Took it back to the dealer for warranty repairs on 30 September and they STILL have it. Trying to stay positive because if everything would work as advertised, we love the layout. Obviously, our PDI (pre-delivery inspection) was weak to non-existent. Dealer makes all the difference. Cliff

2011 F-150 EcoBoost
2014 233RBS
Karbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 06:29 PM   #8

Default hello everyone

wjohn:
Don't feel like the Lone Ranger. We drove our 2014 233 off the lot and directly to a 3 day campout/shakedown. Our first day started with a slide that wouldn't extend...followed by stabilizers that didn't reach the ground...shower gaskets installed backwards (flood)...leaking kitchen sink...screen door that was so warped there was a one inch gap at the top...on and on and on. Took it back to the dealer for warranty repairs on 30 September and they STILL have it. Trying to stay positive because if everything would work as advertised, we love the layout. Obviously, our PDI (pre-delivery inspection) was weak to non-existent. Dealer makes all the difference. Cliff

2011 F-150 EcoBoost
2014 233RBS
Karbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 07:17 PM   #9

Default thanks

Thanks, you said it, we like the layout so stay positive. I no some of you are baffled about my hitch problem I am going to try and get some pics of both sides soon. Thanks ......