Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-05-2013, 03:45 PM   #1

Default Hello

My wife and I are long time campers. We started when our kids were still in diapers .Gone most weekends exploring with family and friends. Now it is time for us. Lots of places still to go here in Alberta. In February of this year we bought a new 266KIRB Fun Finder. WE had to wait until it warmed up before we could take it out. As we were getting it ready to go we discovered the furnace was not working.The blower would come on and then shut off. I was on my way out of town for work so I stopped at the dealership where we bought it to see if there was something they could do. Not interested, didn't care. Assured me every thing was checked out and had know idea why it was not working now. Left frustrated but still looking forward to using it. When I was setting it up at the work site I discovered that the water pump was not wired up. Strange as the words were still fresh in my mind that every thing was checked out. Wired it up and my week went well until I was getting ready to leave. Tried to get the big slide in and low and behold it would not come in all the way without binding. Wow I was sure glad everything was checked out when we picked it up. Made appointment at dealer to get all the mysteries checked out. Low and behold we are now informed that the furnace is not engineered properly for this unit. Are we being told another story or has other buyers of this model had the same issue. It is now coming the middle of July and we have not been able to use it. To say the least we feel we have been let down by the dealer and big time by Cruiser R.V. We are now to the point we want nothing to do with it anymore. Any other owners with furnace problems.

B.Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 03:32 PM   #2

Sad about your problems but when I picked up mine new from the dealer, they did a walk thru and SHOWED ME that EVERYTHING FUNCTIONED AS IT SHOULD including the furnace fired up, water heater worked, slide moved in and out, etc. all as it should. They missed nothing and since I was a newbee to campers, showed me stuff I would have never thought about.

I'm happy with mine and everything still works fine.

Just like buying a car ..... take it for a short test drive FIRST.

Old 07-13-2013, 09:20 AM   #3

I don't think you've been let down by CruiserRV so much as by your dealer. All manufacturers have issues with QC on their units. They don't have the time or the staff to test everything before the trailer leaves the factory. What is supposed to happen and what dealers are paid for is that they are supposed to test and repair each and every unit they sell before the buyer ever sees it.

Part of the blame also, sorry to say this, resides with you. You should never take possession of an RV without a PDI; that is the process where the dealer walks you through and demonstrates each and every function of the RV...does the pump work, does the converter provide electricity, will the power cable power the converter, does the toilet flush, etc. Like "kicking the tires" on a new car, the owner should test the unit's fitments before driving off the lot. You would have found virtually all of those shortcomings with an adequate PDI.

Maybe you weren't aware of the PDI process and the dealer tried "saving a few bucks" by not doing it (a lot of "less than fair" dealers will skimp on the PDI despite having already been paid to do it). At any rate, CruiserRV, in my experience, makes as good an RV as any. Certainly not the "best", but, even the "best" have issues and mistakes roll out of their factories just as frequently. The advantage to many of the "best" is that they have a limited dealer network and those dealers are usually "a cut above" the others; they do their job and catch the mistakes before the consumer finds them, which is what all dealers are supposed to do.

Your only real recourse now is to get / make the dealer do his job to make the trailer right for you. You can get CruiserRV involved, but, they don't run the repair facility and there really is very little that they can do. People seem to think the manufacturer can work miracles, but, as opposed to auto dealers that do have a "connection" to the manufacturer, RV dealers really have no connection back to the dealer...CruiserRV can't really make the dealer do anything. If you can't get any satisfaction from the dealer, you may have to find another dealer to make the repairs.

Don
Bronwyn
2 Cats; J-Lo and Ragamuffin :R

2014 Thor Tuscany 40RX DP
2011 Ram 2500 Longhorn CTD HO
2011 Keystone Cougar 318SAB (now gone)
2008 FunFinder X 210WBS (Sadly gone)
webslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 11:51 PM   #4

Hi, B.Loyd - sorry to hear of your issues. Unfortunately I had the same problem with the furnace in my FF 210WBS. Very, very long story short the dealer ended up pulling the furnace and replacing it with one from another coach. Service tech said it's the only one they've never been able to fix. Whether that's true or not I don't know, but they seemed as frustrated as I was. I bought my FF new in February and it's been back to the dealership for different repair issues 4 times. Fortunately my dealership has been very good about working with me and resolving my issues but I have to say I'm not impressed with the quality of my Fun Finder. It's my 2nd new unit and I've had nothing but problems with it. I never had a single issue with my other TT and have been hugely disappointed with my FF. I do love the layout and design of the trailer (and cannot afford to purchase another one at this time) so am working with my dealership to get everything ironed out. Having said all that if I have the opportunity to purchase another unit in the future I will steer very clear of Cruiser RVs.......absolutely NOT impressed with them. Best of luck getting your issues resolved, I hope you're able to get out and enjoy your TT soon!
MizzGrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 11:03 AM   #5

Thanks for all the responses to our problem. I agree with you WEBSLAVE to a point. Up here in Canada it is any where from -20 to-25 degrees C outside in February, pretty hard to check every thing out. In hind site we should have checked what we could. We trusted the dealership when I guess in this day and age you trust nobody. Cruiser R.V. is partly to blame because they were told that the furnace was under rated for the size of the unit. This does not solve the issue of it not working. My biggest concern is any body that has this unit in Canada or the northern U.S. will have trouble with heat. In all fairness to Cruiser they have stepped up to the plate and will replace the furnace. We like the unit but if things continue as they are when I find a new dealership it will be time to put it away for the winter. I was brought up to have faith in man kind, that most people will do the right thing. I guess that's out the window too.
Factory tow pkg.
Factory brake controller
Feline Ginger
B.Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 04:47 AM   #6

You think you had trouble with your Cruiser RV. We bought a 2014 266 KIRB. WOW!!! What a nightmare. We went to pick up and they couldn't get the big slide in. One month later same slide wouldn't go in again. Furnace stopped working, water heater melted all the wires, speaker outside not working, cabinet doors falling off, and now the big slide is going in and out crooked. I think last year dealer had it more than I did. I asked about them extending the warranty because of all the trouble, their reply was I better go get extended coverage insurance. Will never buy another Cruiser Rv product and I now have a sign in front of my camper every time we go out, "please ask me about my Cruiser RV experience". I will do every thing I can to spred the word about their crappy service. They know they have issues, and they don't even care.

bsones is offline   Reply With Quote