Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-21-2014, 02:49 PM   #1

Default Funfinder 210UDS buying experience/first impressions

Last week the boss and I picked up our new Fun Finder 210UDS. Here are my initial impressions/experience.

The Sale: We live in S-Cal and bought the FF in Utah. Why? Price of course. The lowest we could find in the S-Cal area was $23, 995, and they were intransigent on price. Plus, and this is a big plus, the S-Cal dealers wanted $1600 to "set up" the trailer !@#$%. Yes, $1600!! He was equally intransigent on that 'Fee". So, I decided to vote with my feet. I did an internet deal with Parris RV in Murray, Utah. They gave me a very good price and zero 'Set up Fee'. Altogether I saved about $6000. Plus, Parris added an additional Interstate battery for a total of 2. They were very professional, and no BS. Lessons for S-Cal dealers....I think I've convinced Parris to deliver to S-Cal for cost.

The Trailer: Initial impressions of the 210UDS pretty much match up with everything good I've read on line. It's a decent trailer. Put together decently, designed decently, no real things I could see that stand out as bad. At this point, I'll give it a thumbs up. Yes, there were things I've "fixed" already. I'm OCD on mechanical things...What can I say. I.e. The wires for the porch LEDs run via the track on the awning. I added some heat shrink to cover the wire that is exposed in the track thinking this will prevent the perceived wear. I have had one issues re the fridge. See below.

Repairs/warranty: The fridge. The fridge only worked on AC, not LPG. A quick examination revealed that the hard LPG pipe was kinked where it passed through a floor section where the fridge is mounted. No biggy! Things happen. However, here's where, again, the local dealers BS begins...again. The first warranty dealer I called said "maybe we can get to it in a month, call back then..."(Family RV Ontario). The second dealer said they will only do 3 warranty repairs at a time... so, if they find anything else, I'd need to bring it back"(Richardsons RV Menifee) Also, a month away appt.. So, I called Cruiser, they said take it anywhere I'd like and they will cover it. They also, expressed their feelings about the local dealers. So, off to Arrow Trailer Supply for the LPG repair. Appt was 2 days from when I called. I've dealt with them before and they are solid.

Camping: That starts next week.

migolito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 08:12 AM   #2
Site Team

Seems like this just reinforces your decision not to buy from the local dealer if that is the type of service they provide.

Now you can get any (hopefully not needed) future warranty work done at a shop that cares about the customer.
LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote