Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-28-2015, 01:04 AM   #1

Default BBQ

I have a 210uds that came with a cheap BBQ that simply plugs in to the quick connect near the back side of the trailer. I just bought a Weber Q1200 that uses the small propane bottles. I want to just connect this like my other grill, do I need to remove the pressure regulator on the new grill since my system already has a regulator at the main propane bottles? Any help or what I need to do would be great......

Thanks in advance.

Old 08-28-2015, 09:28 AM   #2
Site Team

Yes you need to take the regulator off of the grill since as you said it is already regulated at the bottles. There is a thread on here about how to do that. I think it was posted by user Webslave so you might try searching posts by him.

LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 08:37 AM   #3
Site Team

Here's what you need:

http://caloreequipment.com/products/...-fittings.html
LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 07:35 AM   #4
roy

I bought a weber Q1200 recently and removed the regulator and adapted the inline connect to the camper gas supply. Calorie is where I got the necessary pieces to do te conversion. Got about $40 in it and it works really good.

WERA Expert #826
roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 11:48 PM   #5

Default BBQ

WERA Expert #826
Thanks for the response. So the regulator is threaded on,,,great news. are the threads in the fitting special or just NPT? can't I just use a regular brass adapter and then thread my quick disconnect on it? How do you like the grill? the one that came with my trailer wasn't the best so I thought I'd try the small weber.

Thanks again..
Old 09-02-2015, 05:29 AM   #6
roy

Default Re: BBQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlegolfer41
WERA Expert #826
Thanks for the response. So the regulator is threaded on,,,great news. are the threads in the fitting special or just NPT? can't I just use a regular brass adapter and then thread my quick disconnect on it? How do you like the grill? the one that came with my trailer wasn't the best so I thought I'd try the small weber.

Thanks again..
Regulator just srews off and leaves the pipe. You'll need the male and female adapter that caloree sells. I was unable to locate any of the fittings locally. Once you have the fittings from them it's easy to put back together. Be sure to use the appropriate pipe tape as gas is different than water pipe tape. I reused my gas line hose from the gri that came with my hauler and it works fine once you get the grill end sorted. The weber grill is a lot nicer than the Aussie piece of junk that came with my hauler.

WERA Expert #826
roy is offline   Reply With Quote