Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-26-2022, 05:48 PM   #1

Default 1995 t139

Hi everyone!
Found a slightly broken down 1995 Shadow Cruiser and have been fixing it up little by little. Someone did a horrible job on the roof and have to replace it, but don't have the guts to try it just yet. Has anyone replaced their roof before? Any advice? I believe its rubber, covered by a horrible silicone job at the moment. The inside is in decent shape after repairing some water damage.
Attached Thumbnails
00808_a0Ce4uMqT1fz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg   20220521_170424.jpg  

TravelsWithKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 01:28 PM   #2

Welcome to the club! If you are really handy with tools, you should be able to replace the roof by yourself -- there are lots of youtube videos describing the process. The trick, of course, is in the joints between the walls and the roof. Eternabond and Dicor will be your new best friends.

Alternatively, I would bet that you got a really good deal on this trailer -- you might want to spend some of the money you saved by hiring a professional to replace the roof. That's what I would do, even though I am moderately skilled with tools and sealants. This is a job that has to be done right -- otherwise, more water will leak in and further degrade the studs and rafters.

Do you have an indoor place to work on the trailer over the winter?

Good luck, and keep us posted on your progress!

Old 11-27-2022, 03:19 PM   #3

Thanks so much, ProfDant139! I've looked online and there are a bunch of videos, but not so sure which one(s) to follow. I was thinking the same thing re: having a pro do it, but the trailer wasn't so cheap and the repair places are quoting up to $3-5k. Ouch! I do have a place to work, but agree with you. It has to be done correctly. Sigh... May have to bite the bullet. Happy holidays, and thanks again.
TravelsWithKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 09:11 PM   #4

Now that is a nice looking little trailer, Welcome to The Forum. Not sure how you're going to work on that roof but keep us updated.
dustyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 04:36 PM   #5

Nice Little trailer! It look like my 139 Fk ,. If you have pics if the inside, it cool be Nice to see it Good luck with the Roof ans welcome to the club !
Kebbeker is offline   Reply With Quote