Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-27-2010, 09:26 AM   #1

Default 2004 Fin Finder First TT owner

Hello. First time owner of any type of travel trailer. My wife and I just bought a 2004 T139 the day after Thanksgiving this year. It was winterized already for the year. Can't wait for spring to come. We bought this because of it's size. We need time for eachother and a couple of our dogs to get away for weekend trips.No pesty visitors welcome.Not in our camper anyway.Planned it this way.The TT is the perfect size for 2 adults. Has everything we need.I'm really enjoying the forum.My wife and I are planning on visiting the wineries here in North East Ohio on weekends and maybe heading to North Carolina to visit a couple wineries as well for a week or so. I'm towing it with a Honda Passport. Seems to tow fine behind it. Thinking of geeting a transmission cooler for it. Any ideas on this? Well thats my story as sad as it may be. Can't wait for the chance to use my new TT and I'll be visiting this forum often from now on.

scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 05:52 PM   #2
sbb

If you ever get to New York, check out the Finger Lakes wine trails. My husband and I went to Lake Cayuga this past Summer, there were over 35 wineries on the lake, amazing.

50 Watt Solar Panel
36 Nights Out 2011
sbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 08:06 PM   #3

Hi Scooter and Welcome! I added a tranny cooler to my Jeep Cherokee 4.0...not as much for the FF139 but because I drive it in the sand on the Outer Banks..and that can really overheat the tranny.If you are going to the beach with it (whilst visiting your wineries in NC!) or going thru mountains or hilly country it couldn't hurt!

2005 Sun Cruiser Fun Finder X-139FK
2000 Jeep Cherokee 4.0L (Winston)
Cadillac Sedan de Ville V8 (Great White Whale)
obxgal is offline   Reply With Quote