Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-12-2020, 09:11 AM   #21

Beautiful -- big open sky. To someone stuck in crowded urban southern Calif, that looks like heaven.

Old 06-15-2020, 08:41 PM   #22

Default Toaster Oven

I bought a small toaster oven; can only use it when I’m on A-C power but it’s better than nothing. Between that and a portable BBQ I think it’s fine.

dogs_rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 11:23 AM   #23

Finally got it home.

The dealership was probably the most professional dealership I've dealt with ever. They would not allow it to leave without being 100% good to go.

They noticed the outside shower door was yellowed and brittle, so they replaced it with a brand new one. They re-keyed all the access doors to one key. They heard my wife was not a fan of the kitchen faucet, so they replaced it with a new one! Got two re-certified propane tanks fully fueled and a brand new battery. All at no extra cost.

They took care of us. Parris RV in Murray Utah.

Swayed a little on the drive home, so I ordered a sway kit, should arrive on Saturday. I got home late so I was only able to take a handfull of pictures, but I was surprised it has a TV antenna and both fans have outer shrouds so they can be open in the rain...
Attached Thumbnails
cmwgNYT.jpg   BwwXsaf.jpg   3kQs30u.jpg   01fangm.jpg   i8BCdBk.jpg  

H0EN1Qg.jpg  
Xerofall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 11:31 AM   #24
Site Team

Congrats! Sounds like the dealer really took care of you.

As for the sway, make sure you check your tongue weight. It should be between 10 - 15% of the trailer weight. If its not that can cause sway.
LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 02:19 PM   #25

Here's a before (left) and after of the faucet. (I personally didn't care as long as it worked... but happy wife, happy life...)
Attached Thumbnails
Before-after.jpg  
Old 06-17-2020, 03:02 PM   #26
APD

Great Jeff!

I've never seen faucets swapped that way (high for low). It's always the other way. We swapped ours for an even higher spout to make it easier to use.
We use one of the little friction sway devices. Never any sway but then the Chevy van is about three times heavier than the little camper.

When's the first trip? Need to do a post on getting acquainted with it.

Alan
1994 GMC Camper Van,
APD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 01:27 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by APD View Post
Great Jeff!

I've never seen faucets swapped that way (high for low). It's always the other way. We swapped ours for an even higher spout to make it easier to use.
We use one of the little friction sway devices. Never any sway but then the Chevy van is about three times heavier than the little camper.

Alan
The trailer came with a friction sway, but I need to get the hitch with a ball (coming Saturday) so I can use it. I'm pretty sure that'll be all it needs. The trailer was empty driving home from the dealership and it was a windy day. (lucky me)

I don't mind the low faucet. My wife is a little weird about tank water. We only use it for shower/potty and washing hands... but not for drinking or food prep. Unless we're going to boil it. So we shouldn't need a tall spout. She prefers bottled water to drink. She works for the government in waterworks and has heard a lot of horror stories. Not a big deal for me... but again, I'm doing all this for her so she'll go camping with me more often.

First trip might be sometime later this month, or the 4th of July. We like to get out of town on the 4th (and in Utah, the 24th also) because our little dogs HATE fireworks. Then again in late July, August and September with my folks and siblings.

I'm just glad I can reasonably fit on the toilet. I will have some issues when it comes to showering though, haha.
Old 06-18-2020, 04:11 PM   #28
APD

Talking

Yeah showering is a little tight. I'm 6 ft and about 250 so it's a little close. But, hey I'm on a diet .... a seefood diet...
Sounds like you have a good summer planned. I hope the better half will enjoy.
We're a little funny about campground water as well. But we do shower and wash dishes with it. Bottled water for soup or coffee, lemonade and (of course) sweet iced tea.
We actually removed our fresh tank and use the area for additional storage. Camping is very different on this end of the country. Boondocking is almost nonexistent so we're kinda hooked on hook-ups.
We're waiting till after the 4th for our next trip to avoid the crowds.

Alan
1994 GMC Camper Van,
Old 06-18-2020, 05:15 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by APD View Post
Great Jeff!

Alan
No high faucet in our camper but swapped out a high for low kitchen faucet in the house...wife didn't like the high faucet. Now she is happy....happy wife, happy life!
Old 06-24-2020, 08:10 AM   #30

A few tweaks...

First attachment. Added a fire extinguisher. First Aid kit is coming later.

Second/Third. Added a larger grab bar for the wife, she has an easier time getting out of the trailer with it. Happy wife, happy life...

Fourth attachment. You wouldn't believe how the previous owner fixed the awning slide arm attachment. Those pieces are less than $20 bucks... and his fix didn't really fix it, the broken part won't stay up past the clips unless you force it, and then it won't come down once you do. Both sides are like that. I ordered 2 replacements for $30 shipped and they'll be here soon.
Attached Thumbnails
received_2324977301139971.jpg   20200623_200126.jpg   20200623_201954.jpg   20200623_164855e.jpg  
Old 06-24-2020, 08:32 AM   #31

Although mine came with a fire extinguisher mounted in the kitchen, I added one in the garage area.
Tossed the factory excuse for a mattress and replaced it with a Beautyrest mattress.
Also put captains rail over the kitchen cabinets - where possible and over the bath vanity/medicine cabinet = more 'classy' appearance and triple light fixture above the medicine cabinet.
Added a full length mirror to the bath wall along with towel bar and rounded shower curtain bar for more room in tub/shower.
and a few other improvements.
Old 06-24-2020, 08:52 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerofall View Post
Finally got it home.

The dealership was probably the most professional dealership I've dealt with ever. They would not allow it to leave without being 100% good to go.

They noticed the outside shower door was yellowed and brittle, so they replaced it with a brand new one. They re-keyed all the access doors to one key. They heard my wife was not a fan of the kitchen faucet, so they replaced it with a new one! Got two re-certified propane tanks fully fueled and a brand new battery. All at no extra cost.

They took care of us. Parris RV in Murray Utah.

Swayed a little on the drive home, so I ordered a sway kit, should arrive on Saturday. I got home late so I was only able to take a handfull of pictures, but I was surprised it has a TV antenna and both fans have outer shrouds so they can be open in the rain...
what kind of sway kit, I can't find sway control without the wdh, which I cannot use n our uni frame suv.
wishuwerehere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 09:30 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishuwerehere View Post
what kind of sway kit, I can't find sway control without the wdh, which I cannot use n our uni frame suv.
It's basically this...

https://www.amazon.com/Eaz-Lift-4838...%2C540&sr=8-15

The trailer tongue already had the one side welded on, so I just needed a new hitch. So I got a Curt 4 inch drop (I have a lifted Jeep) with a Husky sway ball adapter. I haven't tried it yet, but will let you know how it does, I'm pretty sure that's all I'll need, it swayed a little on the drive home, but it was empry and windy too.
Attached Thumbnails
20200620_203918.jpg  
Old 06-24-2020, 12:01 PM   #34
APD

Talking

Quote:
That's what we use. Has worked great so far. A little noisy in the campground so I usually loosen it after check in.....

Alan
1994 GMC Camper Van,
Old 06-24-2020, 12:05 PM   #35

I just ordered this one,
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 06-24-2020, 12:30 PM   #36
APD

Looking very good Jeff! What's next? If you're like me that waste hose needs someplace to go.......
We added a DIY storage tube to the rear for the waste hose and fittings. 5" PVC fence post w/caps and bolted some supports thru the floor.

(That storage door is where our fresh water tank used to be.)
1994 GMC Camper Van,
Old 06-24-2020, 03:54 PM   #37

It's already got a spot for the waste hose. Not sure if it's custom or OEM, but it's a small tube right next to the release valves. It's a tiny hose, might need to upgrade knowing me... haha, gross.
Old 06-24-2020, 03:56 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishuwerehere View Post
Yep.

You might get a new hitch with a spot for the smaller ball already built in, otherwise you'll need to weld that one piece onto your existing hitch.

https://www.amazon.com/45820-2-Inch-...WE7W7EJ0XKR8RV
Old 06-24-2020, 04:13 PM   #39

Smile

Quote:
Yep.

You might get a new hitch with a spot for the smaller ball already built in, otherwise you'll need to weld that one piece onto your existing hitch.

https://www.amazon.com/45820-2-Inch-...WE7W7EJ0XKR8RV
Yep $40 for that at my local curt hitch dealer
Old 06-25-2020, 04:21 PM   #40

Replaced all the 921 bulbs for their LED counterparts. A total of 12 bulbs picked up from Amazon.

I really, really like the difference. I chose to do the bright white instead of the more yellowed, softer look. I replaced the porch light bulb too, it was dim to begin with, now it's nice. Less heat, less power draw, perfect for the boondocking we will be doing.

I didn't think to take before and after pics... sorry, but I can tell you the difference is noticable.

Tags
t139fk