Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-08-2020, 11:09 AM   #1

Default 2006 Fun Finder T139FK

We might be owners of a 2006 Fun Finder T139 FK. Waiting on credit union finance.

I've owned a few travel trailers and RVs including a 1973 Winnebago Brave, a 1972 Apache Roamer hardside pop-up and recently a 1974 Great Western.

All have needed a lot of work to get up and running, and as I'm approaching 50 years old, I find my desire and ability to continue to work on these guys to be waining. My father has been helping me in the past with carpentry and repair type things, but his health took a turn for the worse and he is no longer as able to assist me in restorations.

So we decided to keep our eyes open and found the Fun Finder. It's super clean inside, nothing seems to be wrong with it (however the dealer will perform all checks while waiting for financing.)

This seems to be ready to load up and hit the road, understanding that all trailers will need the occasional repair and maintenence.

I can find a lot of info online about the T139, but the one I have has a different floor plan with a forward kitchen and entry door, and I'm unable to locate much information. So I hope you all can assist.

While it's not in my physical possession I was able to tour it at the dealership. My first question would be the dinette table seems to be missing, it has a small table, almost a nightstand that lowers, but it appears we'd need a regular table to complete the dinette and bed. Is this correct?

This would not be an issue as I have a bead on a used collapsable table on an online classified that I can get if the measurements are the same. My father could also construct one for me easily.

I'm sure I'll have more questions, etc if we do end up getting this trailer. Especially to ask if anyone has a manual or something I could download...

Xerofall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 10:59 PM   #2

Welcome to the Club! (As you can see by my screen name, I love 139s.)

I am not sure, but I think that on that model, the benches are supposed to be twin beds? So there is no long table needed to join the beds, unless you want a really big bed.

It could be tricky getting financing on a 2006 -- some lenders have a "ten year old" rule. But if the trailer has been well cared for, maybe they will make an exception?

Let us know if you get it! Good luck!

Old 06-10-2020, 03:59 PM   #3
APD

Welcome! We own an FK model as well. The front kitchen units are rare as hens teeth.
Since there's only the two of us, we use the beds as twins (25" x 75") one side is a little shorter, but my better half sleeps on that side. We find it's better for us since I'm an early riser and the she likes to sleep a little later. I can fold out our little table and have some coffee while she catches extra zzz's. We usually leave the long cushions at home.
We use a small table that folds up. It stores outta the way fine unless we're eating or playing cards. Also in ours there is a covered storage area between the beds at the back wall that serves as a night stand.
You'll like the windows. I thought they were a little "old fashioned" when we first got it but I really like being able to open them in the rain without it blowing in. Speaking of windows, one problem you may notice is the water heater exhaust is directly below the window on that side. This can let fumes enter the camper if the roof fan is on and the water heater is heating. We either close that window or (since we converted ours) use the electric element.
What y'all gonna use the space above the microwave for?
Oh, I don't have a manual, wish I did.
1994 GMC Camper Van,
APD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 04:08 PM   #4

Actually, the absence of the manual is no big deal -- we had one with our 2003 T-139 and it told us nothing. There was a lot of vague stuff about "don't overload your trailer," and the rest of the manual was just a copy of the manuals for the subsystems, like the water heater and the fridge.

If you find the model number of (say) the fridge, you can usually find the manual online. Even if not, you can find very similar manuals, and the info is usually good for your particular unit.

The same was true when we bought our 2012 X-139 -- the Cruiser manual was not informative, and the subsystem manuals were online.

You can often download PDFs of the subsystem manuals and either print them out or else retain the PDF on a laptop. I would guess you could also put them on a phone, too??
Old 06-10-2020, 06:34 PM   #5

Thanks for the replies. Knowing the exhaust might come in the window will help for sure. I appreciate that.

We were able to secure financing and will pick it up tomorrow (6/11/20)

I agree that a manual nowadays is useless since most components inside haven't changed in decades, but I was still curious.

The dealer told me the former owners were very proud of how well they kept the trailer up. So that makes me feel good, all trailers/RVs I've bought in the past had to have lots of stuff fixed or replaced (because I tend to believe people when they tell me everything works perfectly, and they lie.)

My most recent trailer, a 1974 Great Western made in Utah, it has a pretty cool feature, a swing down pop-out dinette. Making the inside look like a dance hall! Problem was it needed a complete gut... and my dad and I just can't do that stuff anymore, we just want to go camping with the family. Unfortunately we already did lots of work on it and spent money we'll never recover.

But that's just the way it is with used, vintage trailers.

I think this 139FK is going to work well. We have two small dogs and love camping in the Moab area in Utah. We like to just load up and go and with the 139FK, everything looks good to go.

I'll get more pics when I get it home, but here are some from the dealership...

Old 06-10-2020, 07:41 PM   #6
APD

Talking

Just found and pulled up your T139FK on line. Nice! Hope you can get it soon.
The floorplan on ParrisRV.com is incorrect but the pictures show a true FK model.
Is it a Torqflex axle or leaf springs? Couldn't tell from the pictures on line.
Keep us posted. We'll trade pictures.

Alan
1994 GMC Camper Van,
Old 06-10-2020, 08:05 PM   #7
APD

Talking

BTW The remaining boards that make up the bed should be under the cushions.
Also, you may already know this but the trouble spot (mostly) for any roof leaks would be in the front. Check under the kitchen cabinets and look under the shower (thru that little door under the fridge ) for any signs of past problems.

Alan
1994 GMC Camper Van,
Old 06-11-2020, 08:43 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by APD View Post
The floorplan on ParrisRV.com is incorrect but the pictures show a true FK model.
Yes, funny thing is, my dad told me he could change the bunks into more storage, and I was like... there isn't a bunk... then we found out they had the wrong floor plan. But the number on the side of the trailer only says T139, and the dealership has been absolutely swamped, so I do not blame them. They got it the night before we came in and bought it, and by that time a bunch of other people were looking at it. We offered a larger down payment while everyone else was "thinking about it" so we ended up sniping it!

Quote:
We'll trade pictures
Sounds like a plan.

Quote:
BTW The remaining boards that make up the bed should be under the cushions.
Good to know!

Quote:
Also, you may already know this but the trouble spot (mostly) for any roof leaks would be in the front. Check under the kitchen cabinets and look under the shower (thru that little door under the fridge ) for any signs of past problems.

Alan
I'll take a look later today when we go pick it up.
Old 06-11-2020, 10:04 AM   #9
APD

Talking

Before we got ours we had been looking a while and found a 139X but hesitated and the next buyer got it.
When we got lucky and finally found ours some time later we went prepared and paid the seller as soon as we looked at it.
Going today? Have fun and be safe. You know this, but make 'em check the tires and lugs.

Alan
1994 GMC Camper Van,
Old 06-11-2020, 01:06 PM   #10

Congratulations! Great news. Have fun!

And when you are done having fun, here are some ideas for modifications:

The LMIC (Look Mom I'm Camping)

And here is our blog with a long list of trips we've taken in our two 139s:

Look, Mom, We're Camping!
Old 06-11-2020, 01:47 PM   #11

Small snag...

While performing their checks they discovered a small crack on the top of the grey tank. Their policy is to have everything 100% working before it leaves their lot, so I won't be able to have it today or this week.

While it's nice they caught this, it's still a little frustrating having to wait another week or so. (They are swamped) Seems everyone and their mother wants to go camping during the pandemic! Haha. I can wait, but at the same time I really want it in my driveway.

I'm still heading down to finish the paperwork and do the walkthrough, so I'll be able to go through it more than before. Like I said, there were a ton of other people looking at it so I didn't get to do more than "poke my head in" for a quick look. (My dad and my wife did most of the looking while I dealt with the sales people.)

The joy of RV ownership!
Old 06-11-2020, 02:12 PM   #12

We took our table and top bunk out and converted the area to a full time Queen size.
https://www.funfinderclub.com/forums...cture1369.html
wishuwerehere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 02:16 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by profdant139 View Post
Congratulations! Great news. Have fun!

And when you are done having fun, here are some ideas for modifications:

The LMIC (Look Mom I'm Camping)

And here is our blog with a long list of trips we've taken in our two 139s:

Look, Mom, We're Camping!
I've actually already spent a few hours going through your blog, very helpful information.

I will tell you I will miss having an oven, it's funny, most people with an RV I know barely use their oven, if ever. But I've used the one in my Winnebago a bunch of times... my Great Western has one too that appears to have never been used at all!

I had my folks with me out boondocking in Utah and one day I whip out a tray of fresh baked cookies, haha. They made fun of me about having an oven while camping until they had fresh baked cookies and cold milk.

I'll just have to get one of those fancy freestanding camping ovens!
Old 06-11-2020, 03:08 PM   #14

Actually, I do have a quick question...

Are the knobs on the kitchen faucet replaceable? My wife hates them for some reason and was wondering if I could replace those or just replace the entire faucet.

Wives, am I right?
Old 06-11-2020, 03:29 PM   #15

I don't know of a kit that includes just the knobs -- I think you have to replace the whole thing. You might be able to get knobs at an RV salvage yard?
Old 06-11-2020, 03:34 PM   #16

Wow. I just looked up where Tooele is -- camping heaven! You've been to Great Basin Nat Park, right? Amazing place.

The Uintas, right nearby.

The Tetons.

Colorado.

All of these places are a thousand miles from where I live, and they are a day away from you!
Old 06-11-2020, 08:35 PM   #17
APD

We were thru your area a couple of years ago on a trip to Oregon. You're about 1900 miles from here. Pretty land out there.
It's good they're gonna fix the grey tank. Sounds like a pretty good dealership.
I believe the knobs on the faucet are removable. Might pull one and take it with you to match it up at Lowes or HD.

Alan.
1994 GMC Camper Van,
Old 06-12-2020, 09:04 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by profdant139 View Post
Wow. I just looked up where Tooele is -- camping heaven! You've been to Great Basin Nat Park, right? Amazing place.

The Uintas, right nearby.

The Tetons.

Colorado.

All of these places are a thousand miles from where I live, and they are a day away from you!
Utah is the best, but with Covid-19 all of the parks, campgrounds and other attractions were either closed or limited to county residents. Tooele County is large, but it's mostly desert and not much camping, what little we do have is PACKED with people right now because they don't have much to do right now. However I'm very lucky that a large portion of the Pony Express trail is essentially in my backyard. Still wild horses out there if you're lucky to see them...

I have been to Great Basin, nearby Ely is one of our favorite places to go. Their campgrounds are super nice too. The story of that Winchester rifle being found recently, propped up against a tree is such a cool story.

My dad is fond of the Uintas, and that's where he camps most often.

For the eclipse in 2017 we were fortunate to get a camping spot in the path of totality (in my 1972 Apache pop-up) near the Tetons.

Colorado is also a great place, I've lived there before and some family and frinds still reside there.

Our absolute favorite place is the Moab area and Monument Valley near the Four Corners.

Attached are some pics of my travels in and around Utah, in no particular order...
Attached Thumbnails
pKXSwRM.jpg   G6orwmR.jpg   F8ZhU10.jpg   b2cvrBf.jpg   9zXBXqp.jpg  

20180724_122158.jpg   20190112_115404.jpg   20190112_144316.jpg   20190525_074155.jpg   20190704_160702.jpg  

Old 06-12-2020, 09:05 AM   #19

More pics. (I'm a visual person and love pictures.)

These are from the Pony Express trail.
Attached Thumbnails
20191123_112016.jpg   20200223_151756.jpg  
Old 06-12-2020, 09:07 AM   #20

And finally, a wide shot of my town Tooele, Utah...
Attached Thumbnails
20200322_150200.jpg  

Tags
t139fk