Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-26-2015, 10:02 AM   #1

Default 2007 X139 Happy Campers

Hello,
New to this forum and the happy owners of a 2007 X139 FunFinder purchased new and used each year since. We are experiencing some water damage in the ceiling from leaks and hope to get that repaired and enjoy many more years in our FF.
Diane
New Hampshire

Luvaneezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 12:10 PM   #2

Welcome to the Forum, Diane!

Sounds like you have some good years with your little Fun Finder. Can you fix the leak yourself, or will you have to hire it done?

Let us know what you find out.

Old 05-26-2015, 01:34 PM   #3

We have had a long and emotional ride with our little FF and we still love it. We have no internal leaking, but some ripples and soft spots on the interior ceiling. Our service place said it is not worth recaulking the roof without doing structural repairs. I would hope they would be localized repairs, but would not be surprised if it would be best to rehab the roof as a whole. We have a roof-mounted AC we will get rid of and replace with a Fantastic Fan. I will not be doing the work Decision point is to either sell FF and replace it or repair it. Hoping costs are reasonable to repair as we would love to have many more years of this little FF.
Old 05-26-2015, 02:00 PM   #4

And they don't make that model any longer; nor my previous Fun Finder - the X-160. Smallest is the 189s.

Good luck on the repairs.
Old 05-26-2015, 02:48 PM   #5

I know! I was surprised when I looked at new FFs that they no longer made the smaller ones. That makes this little 13-footer a real treasure! We bought it new and had immediate and extensive problems. We were ready to junk the whole thing. We stuck with it and got the issues resolved under warranty and have loved it since. We have looked at others, but nothing has all the features we value. If the roof repairs are not too costly, we will invest in it and keep it going. Bringing it in for an assessment and quote in a couple weeks.

BTW - love your little Beast.