Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-31-2010, 11:35 AM   #1

Default Bob-n-Sue in NJ

I guess we should introduce ourselves, being new FF owners. We have owned our 2007 189FBR for 19 days now, having picked it up on March 13.

Perhaps we should have taken the date of the 13th to be an omen: That was the day of the horrendous storm in the northeast that caused extensive flood damage, downed trees, and left people without power for days on end. Through that storm, like fools, we towed our new FF from eastern Massachusetts to western New Jersey.

A nerve-wracking trip, but ultimately without incident. By the way, a weight-distribution hitch with sway control is the greatest thing since air! This was my first experience towing with one of these set-ups, and considering the severity of the wind and rain, the stability was remarkable.

Wind gusts were reported to be upwards of 60 MPH, and based on what I experienced while trying to refuel the TV, 60 MPH was correct! A couple of times during the trip both the trailer and the TV were pushed off course, but together, as a unit, with no sway or yaw. I think we'll be able to tow through anything, now.

Incredible rain, but only two drops inside the trailer when we got home. Can't see where they originated, though.

Until last Fall we owned a 1999 Chinook motorhome, which we loved but it was time to make a change. This is our first TT, although we have towed other trailers extensively so we are not intimidated by towing.

Anyway, we have already posted elsewhere on the forum and have received much good information, both in reply to our posts and from reading through your posts. Looks like a great group!

We have good friends who own and operate a top-rated campground in Pennsylvania (in the Endless Mountains region), and someday we just might want to organize a FF weekend there.

Oh -- and about the username: Inspired by a sign we saw on our travels, on a small shop: "Used Books and Cookies." We got a great laugh out of that!

Spring is HERE!

Bob-n-Sue in NJ
UsedCookies is offline   Reply With Quote