Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-05-2020, 09:40 PM   #1

Default Experienced RV'rs new to the Fun Finder Club

Hello All,

I stubbled across your web site looking for fender flares for our Fun Finder. My wife and I love the outdoors and we use our RV every chance we get. We have a Fun Finder F233RBS which works great for the two of us and our two dogs. The F233RBS is a relatively small trailer that allows us to get into most the older Sierra campgrounds while the two opposing slides make for a lot of room in a small package. We had a 32' Jayco Designer series previously it was a great trailer but just a bit too large for what we wanted to do. We purchased out Fun Finder new in 2014 after looking at many brands and models. We have happily hauled this trailer all over Nevada, California, and Oregon with few issues. The worst thing that has happened with the trailer happened yesterday. We were on I-80 almost to Winnemucca Nevada and blew a tire on the trailer. Anyone who has ever blown a tire on a travel trailer knows they can cause a lot of damage and it did. The cap coming off the tire wrapped up the electrical and gas lines going to the kitchen slide and ripped them out. I have been told that it is best to replace tires every six years these were on year five and I was going to replace them prior to next camping season. I had checked the tires condition and pressure prior to leaving that morning. I had visually checked them and felt the hubs at the rest stop an hour before the blow out every thing looked ok. The temperature was pushing 90 degrees but I kept the speed down should have been fine. Who knows maybe I hit something in the road. I spent most of today fixing the electrical replaced about 20' of 14/3 cable. The local RV shop should have the gas hose tomorrow. Hopefully the tire shop will have tires they were out but are supposed to get some more tomorrow. Oh well perhaps we can camp somewhere close this weekend.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2138.jpg  

ScooterBob64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 09:45 AM   #2

Welcome to the club!! Have you decided which tires to get? I recommend the new Goodyear Endurance -- made in the USA. I got Load Range D tires, the biggest that would fit on my trailer.

Old 10-06-2020, 08:37 PM   #3

Thanks for the tip profdant139. Unfortunately there were not a lot of choices on Sunday in Winnemucca Nevada. Walmart had the only tire shop open so I had them put a Hi-Run ST205/75R14 on and limped back to Carson City. Les schwab put 3 more TowStar ST's on today. If I can just get the propane hose for the fridge tomorrow we will be back on the road.
ScooterBob64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 10:02 AM   #4

Default Welcome Aboard!

Welcome aboard, Bob —

Sounds like you know what you are doing.

We picked up a FF 189FBS about 2.5 months ago — got it all modified to our needs and preferences. Then we were ready to use it when the Creek Fire here in the California Sierras hit on 9/4. We were evacuated for 19 days. Our home was safe (lost all food in the fridge and freezers) — but many neighbors lost everything. Currently at 330,000 acres and 49% containment.

We did not use the FF to stay in because my sister offered her home about 2 hours away up in Merced — but we took the FF with us — and it was very reassuring to have it with us in case it was needed. 5 cats, a dog, my wife, and I.

Sounds like you will really enjoy your 233.

Best, Fred
foakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 10:52 AM   #5

Default Fender Flairs

Did you find the fender flairs? If so where? I am assuming that you mean the plastic trim around the fenders. Ours came apart and our RV mechanic has been looking for them but has had no luck. Haven't called our local dealer yet. I hesitate to go to them because I don't really trust them so would rather find an alternative.
Old 10-11-2020, 02:22 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor View Post
Did you find the fender flairs? If so where? I am assuming that you mean the plastic trim around the fenders. Ours came apart and our RV mechanic has been looking for them but has had no luck. Haven't called our local dealer yet. I hesitate to go to them because I don't really trust them so would rather find an alternative.
I remember seeing a guy on this forum who fabricated metal ones within the last year. The plastic ones crack easily.
Old 10-14-2020, 11:50 AM   #7

Thor.
I was able to order my replacement fender flairs from my local "authorized Cruiser RV dealer" It took a while to get (about 3-4 weeks) but they ARE available. And they only come in black. I believe I paid around $150.
Tip: use new screws with rubber washers and don't over tighten. My old flairs all started cracking at the screws due to the factory over tightening.

mjpguy is offline   Reply With Quote