Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Club Community Forums > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-02-2020, 10:18 PM   #1

Default Fun Finder X 2006, questions

Hey everyone!

I just got a 2006 fun finder X and I'm going to be living out of it while I work at a ski resort this winter. I'm not familiar with it at all and the previous owner didn't know to much either. I could really use some help. I've got some more specific questions about installing solar that I may ask on one of the other forums but just to start:

Can the A/C unit and other appliances like the microwave run off of the battery or do they need shore power? I'm watching videos about installing solar and it seems like you need something to up the voltage from the battery for things that aren't just 12 v appliances like lights. Am I right about that? and if so do the fun finders have that built in?

Jacobtwer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 12:07 AM   #2

I have a 2008 138X, the only way for me to run the AC, Microwave or use the power outlets is if I'm connected to shore power.

Old 11-03-2020, 07:57 AM   #3

Shore power or an inverter/generator of sufficient wattage output.
Old 11-08-2020, 02:09 PM   #4

Hi, The A/C, microwave, battery charger (convertor) and all the wall outlets need shore power to operate. The lights, water pump, radio, water heater, furnace and fridge run on battery power. The fridge, water heater, furnace and stove also use propane in addition to battery power. The battery will not last long without charging, especially if furnace is used. Shore power needs to be 20 amps minimum for all but A/C. If you use A/C, better have 30 amps. Plugged in or generator will do. While powered, the battery will recharge. Solar is big $$$, only consider if this is long term. There is no invertor to make A/C in your Fun Finder. Invertors take battery banks. Many batteries and a way to charge them. Good luck. Thinking a generator will be your best bet.
code2e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 02:13 PM   #5

Jacobtwer;
We've done mostly boondocking without shore power and done pretty well running lights, propane heater and fridge on propane and battery power.
We don't use microwave or A/C; pretty sure you need shore power or a generator for those. I don't know about solar.
For winter camping over a few days, we run dry and just carry drinking water and use other "facilities" for bathroom needs. For dishes, we use paper plates and a campfire for disposal!

Tags
battery, electrical, solar