Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-12-2012, 08:23 PM   #1

Default Gettin' back into it!

Hi All-It's been over 20 yrs since we have had a camper. I finally retired for the 2nd time last year and the Boss has made me take her on a cruise and now buy a camper. We picked up a used FF that dosen't appear to have ever been used, not a scratch or a ding anywhere. The FF is smaller than our camper we had in the 80's but the kids are long gone and this FF is going to be perfect for the two of us and our runt Pug. We pick the FF up on the 14th and hope all goes well with it. If not I will be surfing the site for all my answers. I have already compiled a list of "to do's" from here. We live in the Kansas City, MO area and already have many friends into RV'ing. Thanks for a great site.

Kansas City, MO
Neil.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 05:49 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum Neil ! I too am rather new around here. I just bought a 189FDS lasy November. Having a blast with it, am sitting in it right now.
I see you are from my home town.....small world !

gmw photographics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:26 PM   #3

Thanks for the welcome. I take it that if KC is your home town you no longer live here. We are preping the TT and will try it out at Lake Jacomo on the 1st of April when they open. We keep our pontoon there and the camp grounds are just a short hop to the docks. Glad play season is finally arriving.
Kansas City, MO
Old 03-21-2012, 08:04 AM   #4

Default KC, home town

Sorry for the confusion ! Yes, KC is still actually my home town. I'm not home right now though...on the road in the FF in Texas. Been gone for a few weeks.
Enjoy your camping at JaCoMo. Another nice place, if you want to head over towards the northland is Weston Bend State Park. Beautiful campground. Has electric at the sites, but no water hookups. They do have frost free hydrant around the park though that you can carry water from, and a dump station at the exit. Heavy woods, nice trails to walk if you like that sort of thing.

This is my first "long" trip in this camper, and I'm making a list of things to change or customize. Going to make shelves in the wardrobe closet and take the hanger rods out. Also since I took the drop down bunk bed out that was above the bed, I'm going to make a narrow shelf above what is the foot of the bed. I'll use that for lightweight bulky items while I'm set up in camp.
gmw photographics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 06:08 PM   #5

Don't worry about confusing me, I am pretty much confined in a confused state according to the wife. We have already researched the state parks in this part of the state. Looks like we have about 8 great sites within two hours of KC. Plan on hitting them all. Have a safe trip.
Kansas City, MO