Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-14-2022, 09:34 AM   #1

Default Getting a 2007 189 FD

Hello. I've been looking at travel trailers for a year now, and finally found "the one". The looks, size, weight, price and especially the dual axle is what I've been searching for. I'm going to look at it this Sunday if if it all checks out as the owner says I'll tow it home.

TV is a 2020 Nissan Frontier with the factory tow package. It has the newer 3.8L engine and 9 spd transmission. I already have the brake controller. Sumosprings installed and I will be getting at least an anti-sway set up.

I've had a popup for the last 3 years and before that was tent camping for decades. Now stepping up to this. Mostly we boondock on our own property in the Adirondacks of New York State. We tow from Pennsylvania.

This trailer is something I'm willing to put money and effort in to make it reliable and perfect for my wife and I.

P.S. I'm not sure of the exact model. Maybe someone can help me out. It doesn't have a slide, In the front is a dinette that is convertible to a queen bed, Above it a fold down bunk, and it has a couch that converts to another sleeping spot. Is it an M-189 FD?

FrontierCBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 01:37 PM   #2

I can not help with the identification of your unit but if it is a fiberglass unit check to make sure that the top front ident lights don't leak. Mine left one did. I caught it right away so no damage but I know that not many check that area.

dustyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 05:20 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustyone View Post
I can not help with the identification of your unit but if it is a fiberglass unit check to make sure that the top front ident lights don't leak. Mine left one did. I caught it right away so no damage but I know that not many check that area.
Thank you.
FrontierCBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 05:11 PM   #4

Yea, I would definitely check the front and roof for soft spots and areas that look raised.
twinster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 08:33 PM   #5

Sounds like the FF 189FBR. Our first TT was that same 2007 model. Great trailer in every way. We bought the FBS in 2012 when a slide became available. Loved the 7' width towing with a 4Runner.
Attached Thumbnails
P1080494.jpg  
2016 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel 4x4
jbfunfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 11:14 AM   #6

Check all seams on the front. Lower and upper