Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-15-2010, 06:30 PM   #1

Default Hello all, Dwayne from Minneapolis, MN

My wife and I bought a new 2008 189FBS at the end of January 2010. We haven't even picked it up yet because we have been waiting for the MN winter to end. Really looking forward to giving it some use this summer. In fact, I am thinking seriously about retiring in July and if I do there is no doubt it will get used!

Just wanted to say hello and I will probably be asking questions of you experienced folks once we get using it.

Dwayne

Dwayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 11:05 AM   #2

Default Picked up the trailer April 2nd

The good news is that we picked up the trailer and towed it home with our retro-van, a 1979 Dodge B200.

The not so good news is that the factory gave me bad information on the height of the trailer. We didn't measure the trailer at the dealer showroom in January so I called the factory for the height with AC. They told me 8ft 2in so I decided to add a 8ft 9in garage door so I could put the trailer inside. After doing all that and spending a fair chuck of change on the task I get home and find out the height to the top of the AC is about 9ft 6 inches. Just great - sure glad we like the looks of the new garage door! Dumb move on my part, guess I should have just asked on this forum.

Dwayne

PS: the van pulled the trailer very well but the 318 V8 lacked some power on the hills. May end up looking for different tow vehicle - something else I didn't really want to do.
Dwayne is offline   Reply With Quote