Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-08-2018, 10:51 AM   #1

Smile Hello from Nova Scotia Canada FunfinderX189

Hi everyone! We have just purchased a new to us 2012 Funfinder X 189. We have had the chance to get out a couple of weekends and we love our new trailer! We had a hybrid trailer before the Funfinder and we enjoy the space and convenience. However we did not get any manuals with the trailer so would be interested in any info that anyone could provide regarding how to find these. We are a retired couple and are looking forward to new adventures! Sorry about the sideways pics
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0808.jpg   IMG_0811.jpg   IMG_0799.jpg   IMG_0800.jpg   IMG_0801.jpg  

Frenchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 11:52 AM   #2

Welcome! The bad news is that the Cruiser manuals are generally useless, as are most RV manufacturers' manuals. The good news is that the manuals for each of the subsystems (water heater, fridge, etc.) are available on line. Just google the make and model number of the item and the word "manual," and there it is! Usually, anyway.

profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 12:47 PM   #3
N&K

Send a message via AIM to N&K

Welcome. Feel free to ask any questions you may have on the forum. People are usually happy to give advice and suggestions.
Old 08-12-2018, 03:03 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
Hi everyone! We have just purchased a new to us 2012 Funfinder X 189. We have had the chance to get out a couple of weekends and we love our new trailer! We had a hybrid trailer before the Funfinder and we enjoy the space and convenience. However we did not get any manuals with the trailer so would be interested in any info that anyone could provide regarding how to find these. We are a retired couple and are looking forward to new adventures! Sorry about the sideways pics
Hi Frenchy; welcome aboard and congrats on the "new to you" FF. As you have already read, the manufacturers put out little in the way of of a manual. They often assemble the appliance docs for you, but being a previous owned trailer, who knows where the are now, if they existed at all. Like previously said, you can build your own manual with acquired appliance and trailer component docs; then, add your own pics and info as collected. Check out my Gallery and there are a couple photos of a 2" binder I assembled for my rig... now gone with the trailer.
My wife and I had the opportunity to visit Halifax in the late 90's and couldn't get over the people, they all seemed like family... they were all fantastic! We had to visit Peggy's Cove and pay our respects at 1998 Swissair Flight 111 Memorial. We then scooted around to the Lighthouse and ate a wonderful lobster dinner in the shadows of the Lighthouse. A truly wonderful place with fantastic people!! We hope you enjoy your trailer!!

2013 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 4X4 MAX Tow Package
2018 Dutchman, Coleman Lite 1805RB
John_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 02:39 PM   #5

Hi Frenchy.
Great year for FF X189.
I have one, different lay out, front entrance.
Traveled August 1,2017 through June 2018.
Live stationary 2 mos.now rented a home& inside storing trailer for winter.
I added 2 solar panels for dry camping.does not run everything(micro) but great to have.
Are you willing to say what you paid for yours?

Enjoy...it is a great rig!!
Best,
Cathy
Cathy A Luce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 03:35 PM   #6

Hi, welcome! You can find all the instruction booklets for everything online as PDFs. I save them in my Google Drive and then I can access them anywhere I am, including using other people's computers if I have to. I also have a small binder with the most important instructions.

Liz
Old 08-26-2018, 08:43 AM   #7

we have been out now 4 times ,,,we love our camper! we bought the trailer from a dealer for 12500. canadian.. we are the second owners..
Old 08-26-2018, 08:46 AM   #8

thanks for the reply! We are pretty proud of our province..and we love tourists! so everyone if you can ,, come visit, you wont regret it! Tks for the response regarding the manuals,, we have been reading all we can on here also as there seems to be alot of great info!
Old 08-26-2018, 11:26 AM   #9

Welcome to the forum.

I've been within feet of the Canadian boarder many times and often wished I had crossed like I did into Mexico years ago before all the hassle enacted of getting a passport, etc.
Old 08-31-2018, 08:09 AM   #10

Welcome Frenchy. Nova Scotia is on my bucket list too. We've been to Montreal and loved it and have wanted to visit across the border more. You have a nice looking trailer. I'm glad to hear you are already enjoying it.

Marti is offline   Reply With Quote