Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-12-2011, 07:46 PM   #1

Default Help all, just purchased my first new xt276 last month...

Hello all, I just purchased my first toy hauler and overall it is a nice trailer. I build this type of stuff for the gov.I see slot of people in here asking slot of questions about slides, wiring and all around stuff. I have done a inspection of my trailer and have found a few things for the average Joe that could be problems in the future or costly repairs but have replace or changed a few already. So far I have replaced all wiring in front of trailer under bed which was a rats nest and added a bus ground bar and new blue sea fuse box for the 12 volt wiring. They run most all 12 volt wiring together in a big wire nut. Is I did it at work I would be gone. This was discovered after slide out stopped 10 times going out or in. No big deal for me to fix to a nice standard and safety. Next I went with a lifeline 4 d batt for power and 1 ot cable to my added fuse box. I also pulled tub apart and braced it correctly for support. And lastly I loomed everything under the trailer and fixed the fresh water line which was kinked bad. So this is not to be intended as a bad mail just trying to let you all no about some upgrades that will make a major difference. I will be changing a few other things swell but the major stuff is done. Again love this trailer so far..

Fab guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:26 PM   #2

Welcome to the group Fab...sounds like you've done some good stuff already...I suspect all of them need a bit of tweaking after you get them (I know mine sure did) but it's nice to know you have it done YOUR way!

Do share any further mods you do as I love to get ideas from others!

2005 Sun Cruiser Fun Finder X-139FK
2000 Jeep Cherokee 4.0L (Winston)
Cadillac Sedan de Ville V8 (Great White Whale)
obxgal is offline   Reply With Quote