Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-25-2019, 10:12 AM   #1

Default Hi there! From Arizona

I just purchased a sweet little T139! Very excited about it. This is my first camper and I'll be using it for girls get aways with other women who travel, camp and fly fish together. Was originally looking for a vintage camper to revamp but an opportunity camp up to get this one at a good price so I snatched it up. Still want to eventually get a vintage but I'll have fun with this for a while. Happy camping!

MissMabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 02:45 PM   #2
APD

Groovey! Another 139! Welcome!
We're a small but loyal bunch.

Oh! BTW we love pictures here......

Alan

1994 GMC Camper Van,
APD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 05:24 PM   #3

When you compare the features and tank capacities between the 139 and the vintage units, you might want to stay with the 139! Have fun with it -- there is no limit to what you can do or where you can go.
profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 01:32 PM   #4

Default Welcome!

It's a small but happy club you've joined. My 2008 139 is my first trailer also. Like you, I'd thought about restoring a vintage trailer, but I found a deal 2 years ago on the FunFinder and am so glad I did. Hot showers are such a luxury. I am learning the details of all the aspects (including towing, backing up, winterizing, etc). It's been a steep (but fun) learning curve (how did people DO this, before youtube?). I mostly use it for traveling to agility trials with my dog, usually staying in cushy RV parks (where the size difference between me and the huge RVs is amusing). I've searched and searched for a small trailer that has a small (twin) bed plus a table (at the same time). But seems the RV market keeps moving towards bigger. Riverside used to have a "retro" style model that I liked (both bed and table in 14'). It seems to me that there must be a market for single glampers like us, but no one has noticed yet.
dlaxague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 01:54 PM   #5

I just saw APD's photo comment. It looks like my one of my photos loaded sideways (though it's correct on my photo software page). How to fix? If others are thwarted initially re: uploading photos, as I was: if they're on your computer, use the attachment option, not the photo one.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2384.jpg   IMG_2389.jpg  
dlaxague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 10:54 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlaxague View Post
I just saw APD's photo comment. It looks like my one of my photos loaded sideways (though it's correct on my photo software page). How to fix? If others are thwarted initially re: uploading photos, as I was: if they're on your computer, use the attachment option, not the photo one.
Nice! Yes, I was sort of wanting a dedicated bed also. I'll have to figure out a quick change method for all the bedding when I switch it to table for daytime. I plan on making it a chick trailer/she shed on wheels. I'll post some before and afters. Mine is an older aluminum model But it's in surprisingly good shape. No dents and everything works. Of course it's got the lovely, typical trailer decor...looking forward to turning it into something fun and unique. Although, I must say I'm a bit concerned about diminishing it's value and/or limiting its appeal to women only if I should decide to sell. I'll have to keep that in mind as I begin to renovate. I like how you did your bed...super cute! Oh, and yours has air conditioning! Mine does not. No camping down in the valley in the summertime...not that I would want to anyway...
Old 03-05-2019, 11:02 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by profdant139 View Post
When you compare the features and tank capacities between the 139 and the vintage units, you might want to stay with the 139! Have fun with it -- there is no limit to what you can do or where you can go.
Yes! That was my thought exactly! It's sure to have some added conveniences that a vintage wouldn't have unless major renovations were made...
Old 03-05-2019, 11:04 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by APD View Post
Groovey! Another 139! Welcome!
We're a small but loyal bunch.

Oh! BTW we love pictures here......

Alan
I'll be posting some pictures as I start to renovate. I'm sure I'll be asking lots of questions as well!
Old 03-06-2019, 07:36 AM   #9
APD

Fire away! I'm not on here as much in the winter, and I'm not as experienced as most folks here, but I'll help if I can.

Alan
1994 GMC Camper Van,
APD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 08:44 PM   #10

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by APD View Post
Fire away! I'm not on here as much in the winter, and I'm not as experienced as most folks here, but I'll help if I can.

Alan
Thank you!