Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-01-2017, 09:53 PM   #1

Default Just bought a 2005 139 14 foot fun finder

Just bought a 2005 fun finder. I will be honest and admit I know nothing about these things. I believe mine is a 139 and/or a 14 foot model. I do know it does not have leaf springs as it has a torsion bar type axle. It has 2 sinks and a huge fridge though. I bought it under the gun as there was a second person there ready to buy it. I plan to tow it with a 2009 Jeep grand Cherokee. What else does a guy say on a random trailer forum? I paid $4900 Canadian for it and it costs about $114 a year to insure. Seems like a good deal and I am excited to sleep in it VS a tent while hunting.

spenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 06:05 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by spenom View Post
Just bought a 2005 fun finder. I will be honest and admit I know nothing about these things. I believe mine is a 139 and/or a 14 foot model. I do know it does not have leaf springs as it has a torsion bar type axle. It has 2 sinks and a huge fridge though. I bought it under the gun as there was a second person there ready to buy it. I plan to tow it with a 2009 Jeep grand Cherokee. What else does a guy say on a random trailer forum? I paid $4900 Canadian for it and it costs about $114 a year to insure. Seems like a good deal and I am excited to sleep in it VS a tent while hunting.
Cool! That little trailer will fit wherever a tent would if allowed. That's the beauty of small trailers. This forum, and the internet (YouTube) are great sources of information. The main worries about travel trailers seem to be water infiltration and brakes, tires and wheels. We love our 189. Yes, the refrigerator size is amazing for such small trailers.

It's a big world...explore it!!!
Michigantraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 10:05 AM   #3

Spenom –

As you can tell by my username, I'm a big fan of the 139 model. The "139" refers to the length of the box in inches – i.e., less than 12 feet! You got a great deal on that 2005 unit – well done!

When we bought our old 2003 T-139, we had never done any trailering or camping and bought it as a tentative experiment. To our surprise, we fell in love with camping, and have camped for about 60 to 90 nights per year since 2005. In late 2011, we sold our old T-139 and then bought a new 2012 X-139, which is our current trailer. It looks exactly like the one pictured at the top of this page.

If you are interested in finding out some of the places we've gone with this little trailer, check out our blog:

Look, Mom, We're Camping!

And if you are interested in some of the modifications we've made to the trailer, check out our other blog:

The LMIC (Look Mom I'm Camping)

In any event, be sure to ask questions – we love to answer them, in order to save you from some of our own mistakes. Also, I note that you paid for this trailer in Canadian dollars, which is a hint that you might be in Canada. Where do you live? We have traveled to Alberta and BC and hope to go back east someday soon.

Dan
profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 09:31 PM   #4

Hey Profdant139

Thanks for the primer to the funfinder 139. Funny that you are the LMIC website couple. I actually found your page of adventures before this forum. Great page by the way!

Like you were at one time, me and my wife are very new to the trailer experience. We got married last summer and figure that it would be a good idea to get out and explore. We have done the tent thing but are trying to start a family of our own and figure if that happens we had better have a propper setup and a little experience under our belt. thus the 139!

Your website has lots of tips and tricks for this little rig! Also it looks like you go on some epic adventures! I will have to go over it a little closer when I have some free time. Looks like a great source for info.

As for location we are located in Kamloops B.C. Right in the heart of some of the best flyfishing and hunting a guy could ask for inside of a few hours drive. I have a pending LEH draw for a spring grizzley bear hunt in blue river that I have my fingers crossed for! That might not translate to a guy from Southern California....but then again I don't know much about Southern California!

Thanks again for the warm welcome to the forum. I am sure I will have a few questions in the weeks to come (as long as it stops snowing!). Hard to get the motivation to go out in -10 to -20 to play around with it.
spenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 10:10 PM   #5

Wow!! Kamloops! It takes us a week of driving to get to your area, and we go every chance we get. Good luck with the grizzlies!
profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote