Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-08-2012, 09:56 PM   #1

Default Just got me a new 2013 xt 276 toy hauler !!!

Hello everyone , finally did it , 1st rv I ever owned , been looking for 2 years now , been on here looking around for a while . I joined tonight , camping out in my drive way , making sure I have no problems , had a issue with the fresh water tank not filling , fixed that in 5 mins and now is find , looks like a well built trailer , my tundra pulls it great ,and looks like I may have to fix up the wiring some , just looks alittle messy , but i am anal about my stuff . I will post some pics soon !!!!

securityman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 09:30 PM   #2

We got our XT276 this spring and are lovin' it. Also first time owners of a camper trailer.
Currently camping in the Black Hills of South Dakota for the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally .... but good times about over as heading for home in the morning.

ENJOY!!!

Old 08-14-2012, 07:49 PM   #3
roy

Currently at the Grand Canyon in our XT276 bought in January of this year. This is a 3000+ mile trip in ours, it's had a few issues.

WERA Expert #826
roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:26 AM   #4

What kid of issues , if you dont mind me asking , something I can look out for in the future , Thanks
Old 08-15-2012, 08:36 AM   #5

Reading thru the posts here this year, some have lots of issues and some have few to none. It has been a learning process on how and why everything functions on a camper.

Personally, nothing of any major consequence on mine. A few minor adjustments here and there like tightening the tie downs (not snug/nuts had no lockwashers or locktite), tied up the wires underneath, foam filled/added 0000 steel wool where hoses/wires go thru the floor to keep mice out, install a TP holder, changed out the front bed mattress, etc.

So far, quite pleased and my selling dealer, although 400 miles away, has been helpful via emails or phone calls.
Old 08-20-2012, 04:29 PM   #6
roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by securityman
What kid of issues , if you dont mind me asking , something I can look out for in the future , Thanks
95% of the issues are related to poor workmanship at the factory. One cab lamp has never worked, slide electric wire guide pulled loose from the frame, back door is not aligned correctly and drags on the left side, AC has been tripping the inside breaker when used a lot in hot weather, GFI breaker occasionally has tripped when in route, Aluminum diamond brite in the storage area has come loose from the walls seems the double sided tape didn't do the job, fridge auto feature has quit working, one of the elctric stabilizer switches on the back is reversed...extend is up, numerous screw heads popped off on the exterior frame, battery box strap broke off, plastic hub caps are cheap and first time off several plastic tabs broke off, power cable connector melted first time we went camping due to a screw on one of the power wires finger tight.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head the camper is going back to the dealer this coming weekend for these repairs to be taken care of. I contacted the service rep today and have already talked with Gentry at Cruiser about all this stuff. It is suppose to all be taken care of once we get it down to the dealer. We have no trips planned until Oct so they have time to get this train wreck back on track.

WERA Expert #826
Old 09-02-2012, 01:05 PM   #7

How do you post pics here , I must be dumb , can't figure it out , not like most websites???
Old 09-04-2012, 12:56 PM   #8
roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by securityman
How do you post pics here , I must be dumb , can't figure it out , not like most websites???
You need a host website like photobucket or smugmug.

WERA Expert #826