Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Club Community Forums > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-04-2016, 11:24 AM   #1

Default Looking to buy our first travel trailer

Hello from Ohio,
We are just starting to look for a travel trailer. Someone suggested we check out used fun finders. The tow limit on our truck is 6100 lbs. There is a 2013 X -215wsk for sales at a local dealership. We looked at it and did like it. It does not have the outdoor kitchen which makes pricing it a little confusing. Right now we are focusing on saving a little more for the down payment and doing a little more research. I notice they are hard to find. I saw the auction site on here, which is a little intimidating. Any advice on best place to find a used one or other models we should look at would be appreciated.

OhioTLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 12:14 PM   #2

Craigslist is a good source. Don't restrict yourself to Fun Finders -- I really like Fun Finders (I have had two), but the other brands are roughly comparable, I think.

If you are a very "handy" person, consider a clean used trailer -- much cheaper. No warranty, though.

profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 08:54 PM   #3

Default Tow Limit

You didn't mention the age of truck or engine size. I seriously think manufacturers rate the towing capacity of vehicles in such a controlled environment, no wind, flat, smooth road, etc.
I towed a 21-foot 2012 FunFinder 210UDS with it. And the Titan was rated for about 6,500-7,400 pounds. It performed well on flat interstates. Headed through the plains into a head wind-struggled. Rockies, Cascades, etc.-wore that truck out. Seriously underpowered.
Just know what you're getting into, and what to expect.
runner421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 09:05 PM   #4

I bought my FF 189 FBR after seeing an ad in Craigslist. Went to take a look and found it to be like new....hardly used at all. I had been casually looking for an upgrade to our old trailer for over a year. Sole the old Kit Companion by advertising it on CL.
Chirpz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 10:10 AM   #5
APD

We looked at a bunch of campers. Deciding on certain features as "must haves" will help narrow your search. We had found a few X139s for sale but finding a T139FK was difficult. I don't think they made as many or maybe they just weren't great sellers. We wanted the front kitchen model and, after looking as far as Texas, eventually found one close by. (Craigslist)
You could find one for rent that's similar to what you might want and try it out for a weekend.
1994 GMC Camper Van,
APD is offline   Reply With Quote