Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-19-2021, 08:05 AM   #1

Default Moving from A-frame to Funfinder to 2012 M-210 UDS

Hello!

Our wonderful neighbor just moved to a assisted living care home, and we had always told him if he ever sold his FunFinder, to give us first dibs.

That day came yesterday as his two daughters surprised us with a more than fair deal. I don't know a lot about the FunFinder. We have a Chalet 1940 XL, which is a hard sided pop-up A-frame. Folds up and down like origami but with all the creature comforts we have in the FunFinder (even a queen bed) just a lot smaller.

This setup supposedly included every possible option and upgrade, and they were taking him to the home last night (kind enough to wait for us) so we did not really inspect anything in detail (he had maybe taken it out 3-4 times as the it's only owner). I had toured it once before.

There will be a lot of studying thru the manual. It has like 12 keys. Not sure how many are duplicate. It looks like the carbon monoxide/smoke detector went bad (which also happened in the Chalet). He said it needs new radials, just from sitting for so long. I know this is ridiculous, but I will probably figure out how to mount a larger TV monitor in there. It has a small slide out TV now, but my wife and I enjoy watching a show after a long day exploring. It probably has an inverter and AC outlets? I will probably need to upgrade my generator to run the air conditioner. I will search this group and manual before I start asking questions

delray83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 08:15 AM   #2
APD

Roof inspection!
Oh welcome BTW, sounds like you may have a gem.
You may already be on this but do a roof inspection or have someone qualified inspect and reseal/repair as needed. The roofs need more attention than your unit may have received while not in use.
Hope ya get to get out and enjoy before cold weather.

1994 GMC Camper Van,
APD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 08:23 AM   #3

Thank you APD, that would have been a good idea before I wrote the check! Oh well. I did look up there. It looks brand new (like everything else) but I did not think about that deteriorating in an enclosed garage. I had better get an inspection before we take it out.
Old 09-19-2021, 10:06 AM   #4

Wow!! Congratulations on your new trailer. Don't be shy about asking questions --- lots of info available on this forum, and some of it is accurate, too!

Just kidding. Really, us old timers like to answer questions, instead of doing the household chores we've been assigned.
Old 09-19-2021, 10:11 AM   #5

Haha!
I'm sure I won't disappoint in the question category. Hopefully one day I can contribute as well!
Old 09-19-2021, 10:15 AM   #6
Site Team

Congrats on the new trailer! But don't dismiss the advice on the tires out of hand. Could be they are the original tires from 2010. Check the date codes. If the tires are more than 7 years you should probably replace them.

Having the roof checked is a good idea as well. Really that should be part of annual maintenance.

LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote