Originally Posted by Kafn8td
I agree with Tom. I've had 3 different people come up to us at campgrounds and tell us that their Fun Finder was the best trailer they've owned. I agree.
We have not actually taken our new 2008 189FRB out yet for a camping trip but so far, here are the things that I really like about it better than our 1982 Kit Companion...
1. Way bigger refrigerator....very nice
2. Electronic monitor of critical levels...water, sewer, battery etc.
3. Tandem axel. Kit was single.
4. It looks a lot nicer. Kit was getting pretty rough
5. Every thing about it is like new....we got a classic grandma rig that has not been used.
6. No leaks..... hopefully (we'll see.) The Kit was a constant battle to stay ahead.
7. Its a tiny bit lighter.
1. No counter space... the Kit had spacious counters.
2. Two burner stove with no oven
3. Way less storage space
4. Typical high profile AC unit.... the Kit had an AC that was only 6" tall and just as powerful.
5. No back bumper and no back receiver hitch.
6. Slightly smaller total holding tank capacity.... Kit had 50 gallons total, but no grey water...just one big tank.
Our longest trip in the Kit was 61 days.... I'm having a hard time imagining living that long in the FF on a trip. Over 8 years we traveled about 30,000 miles.
We really needed the upgrade.... I'm just whining a little, wishing this bigger camper had more space. Its a light case of buyer's remorse I guess but I'll get over it. Hearing comments like the above helps. We are probably going to change our RV habits from Long Trips to Short Trips and from Boondocking to Staying more often in camp grounds...we'll see.