Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-30-2012, 05:22 PM   #1

Default New 2006 X-160 Owner in Santa Barbara, CA

Hey All,

Not actually new owner, we've had it since Feb. We love this thing. The first trip was a local overnighter and our second was to Yosemite in the spring. We tried out a friends Casita, then anothers pop up, and this one is perfect for my wife and 7yo boy. We pull this thing with our 2006 Toyota Highlander Hybrid (14mpg...not too bad I guess). We're thinking about going to Yellowstone or the Grand Canyon next year. Hope to see a few of you on the road

hanknum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:56 AM   #2

Welcome aboard.

Got my FF XT276 this spring and love it.

Haven't traveled alot compared to some but have yet to meet/see another FF on the road.

Didn't even see any in the Black Hills of SD during the annual motorcycle rally where thousands show up from all over the world.

Maybe next summer when out and about again.

Enjoy........as we do ours.

Old 12-11-2012, 11:37 PM   #3

Thanks and maybe we'll see each other on the road
Old 12-12-2012, 09:33 AM   #4

Hello, I am surprised to hear that you are towing your X160 with a Highlander. I also have a X160 and I am towing with my 2004 Nissan Pathfinder. Though my tow vehicle has a tow rating of 5000 lbs. , I find that it is straining to tow my trailer up mountains and on long grades. At times I am going 40 mph up a long grade with it floored.
Having said all that, I love the X160 and have had many good campouts in it.
We have driven it to the Grand Canyon from Morro Bay CA and had a fantastic time. We are also hoping to go to Yellowstone sometime next year. Hope we cross paths so we can compare notes.
donkris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:55 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkris
Hello, I am surprised to hear that you are towing your X160 with a Highlander. I also have a X160 and I am towing with my 2004 Nissan Pathfinder. Though my tow vehicle has a tow rating of 5000 lbs. , I find that it is straining to tow my trailer up mountains and on long grades. At times I am going 40 mph up a long grade with it floored.
Having said all that, I love the X160 and have had many good campouts in it.
We have driven it to the Grand Canyon from Morro Bay CA and had a fantastic time. We are also hoping to go to Yellowstone sometime next year. Hope we cross paths so we can compare notes.
Hi,

The Highlander Hybrid actually seems to tow it pretty well. Combined output with the engine and motor is something like 270hp. It has a tow rating of either 1500 or 3000 (with tow package). I've asked the dealerships if it has a tow package and I've received yes and no's. Either way, the tow package only adds bigger radiator, alternator, and wiring...the engine and brakes are all the same. Towing we get 14mpg and w/o it gets about 27mpg overall.

Do you live in Morro Bay? We are headed out that way this w/e (Fri - Mon). We will be staying at state park campground by the golf course. If you're close by give me a call (805) 813-0508. That'd be great if we met up in Yellostone too!

Henry