Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-07-2012, 02:56 PM   #1

Default New 2012 FF X24wsd Owner

Hi all,

We have been RVing for over 12 years in a 5th wheel. We sold it almost 2 yrs. ago and decided that was long enough to go without a "rig".

We are new to the Fun Finder family. Having been out only once, we've really enjoyed it.

Hope to find other Fun Finder owners in the Central Florida area. Maybe a possible group camp out?

Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 04:19 PM   #2

Welcome to the FunFinder family!

I hope you enjoy your new rig, I'm guessing it is the 214WSD unit...a very nice floor plan, similar to the 210WBS we used to have.

We're just the opposite...brought tears to our eyes, but, our traveling has "morphed" and we just moved to a 5th wheel. As we traveled more and more, we (wife) needed more room for her hobbies. She sews, spins and weaves (among many other things) and already had a traveling spinning wheel (makes a great conversation starter when she's sitting outside spinning), but, she wanted to take a loom along, too. Now we've got a 5th wheel with the free standing dinning table and chairs out and a loom installed Still miss our FunFinder. Had it coast to coast 5 times and, except for some friends of ours that have a 244RBS, we never saw another FunFinder. Plenty of folks on this forum though, so, they are out there!

Hope you have many miles of smiles with yours!

Don
Bronwyn
2 Cats; J-Lo and Ragamuffin :R

2014 Thor Tuscany 40RX DP
2011 Ram 2500 Longhorn CTD HO
2011 Keystone Cougar 318SAB (now gone)
2008 FunFinder X 210WBS (Sadly gone)
webslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:02 PM   #3

Default Hi Don

Thanks for the reply. You are correct, it is the 214wsd model (I keep having to go back to the invoice to check the model number).

We had the same feelings you had for our 5th. We sold it about 18 months ago. It had a lot of delamination problems and thought it would be the right time to sell it with full disclosure of the problems.

So, it's been 18 months since we've been RVing and decided it's time to get back in to the game. We've missed it so much.

A loom and a spinning wheel? I can see where you would need the extra room.

I'm sure you and your wife will enjoy your new rig. 5th wheels are kind of like studio apartments on wheels and they tow fantastically.

Regards,
Alan & Moira Murray
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 11:07 AM   #4

Default Loom and Spinning wheel?

OK, my wife just looked at this post and says "OMG, a LOOM?" She is a spinning fiber fanatic and we travel to the various fiber shows in the West with at least one of her traveling wheels. And you're right about the conversations that start up when she is sitting outside spinning away! One thing she liked about the RAM was that it has the 110 outlet on the dash so she could use her electric spinner while on the road! Hasn't yet done that, but she's either got the needles clicking or her drop spindle running while I'm driving ... but the loom stays home in the 'fiber room' downstairs! Small world - bet your wife is on Etsy and Ravelry a lot too?

We will have to travel back East before long, since there are many fiber gatherings back there ... and our very good friends moved back to KY with their heard of alpacas a year ago .

But that Cougar! Wife says, "that's not CAMPING, that's traveling with the house!" The floor plan sure looks nice. We have friends with an older model similar to the 276RLSWE. It's funny, one of the main things we looked at when getting the 214 WSD was the length and 'pivot point' (ball to axle -axle to bumper) for backing radius. We dropped looking at several other trailers because we could not get into about 30+% of the places we liked to travel with our Pup and Trailmanor. The 214 floor plan allows for her to at least set up a wheel and spin if the weather is sour! It is one of the best floor plans allowing for real living space in a small area. Wish it had a couch tho.. Maybe some modifications to the dinette ,,,,,,,,,

2012 FF X-214WSD
2010 RAM 1500 Crew Cab 4x4, 5.7 Hemi MDS, Huskey 1200lb trunnion WD, Prodigy Brake
Yamaha EF2000i
Prion Seayak Kayaks
fischnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 03:10 PM   #5

Yep, a loom... The cats and the desire (DW's) for a "loom for the road" led us, ultimately, to retire the 210WBS for the Cougar:

Couldn't figure out how to get that one into the 210WBS It is in its "travel mode", that's why all the straps. The straps holding it to the floor are set up "nautical", crossed opposing corners that keep it anchored firmly, but, allow her leg room to use it without having to unhook it all the time. It is a Leclerc 16 shaft, 24" table loom. My eye! It might fit on a dining room table with leaves in it Her other loom, a huge Glimakra Countermarch (she can stand up inside of it to warp the beam), stays at the house. I'm not going to buy an even bigger trailer for it...between my hobbies and hers, there is no way we'll ever be able to go "Fulltime" on the road.

We're headed for, among many other stops, the international crafts festival in Sante Fe in July with a swing by the Brown Sheep Wool Company in Nebraska where she'll load up with wool for spinning...the joys of "hitting the road". I cleaned out a big area in the basement area so she can stock up (if the Visa card can stand the stress ), but, we don't, as a rule, hit any other shows or fairs in our travels. The Brown Sheep Wool Co. was a layover one year as they offered a factory tour (we're suckers for factory tours) and they are about the only surviving spinning factory left in this country. Turns out they sell the "trash" to spinners. What they "throw away" as trash is actually quite suitable for hand spinning and it comes cheap. Lots of locals stop by to grab it up at bargain prices. Not a lot of choice, but, the price is right.

She knits and crochet's and knows about the Etsy and Ravelry sites, but, isn't on them. She makes things (weaving, spinning, sewing, etc. and her latest love, Temari, for a shop in Bedford, PA owned by Diane Kelley, good friend of ours and a rather well known fiber artist herself, but, for the most part is "fairly quiet" with her work. She did win first place and best of show with a quilt at the county fair a couple of years ago, but, does most of it for a "hobby" and gifts.

Yep, traveling with the "house", you can see why now, but, I do miss the 210WBS greatly; especially when trying to get fuel or back up or turn around...what's that old country song; "Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around..." . Now, I just have to figure out how to get my reloading bench in there...

Don
Bronwyn
2 Cats; J-Lo and Ragamuffin :R

2014 Thor Tuscany 40RX DP
2011 Ram 2500 Longhorn CTD HO
2011 Keystone Cougar 318SAB (now gone)
2008 FunFinder X 210WBS (Sadly gone)
webslave is offline   Reply With Quote