Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-15-2018, 02:07 PM   #1

Default New

Hi I just purchased a new Fun Finder. Did any of you have trouble with the refrigerator making a horrible noise? This trailer is brand new!
Thank you I appreciate your help
Janice

Elusive60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 04:52 PM   #2

I have a 2008 189FBR. No noise from the ice box ever. I use it on gas while camping and on AC when at home. Never makes even a whisper.

Welcome to the forum!!

What model do you have?

Chirpz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 05:15 PM   #3

Janice, have you talked to your dealer? It sounds like a problem with the fan.
profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 09:32 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by profdant139 View Post
Janice, have you talked to your dealer? It sounds like a problem with the fan.
There is a problem with the awning so I'm taking it back they are putting a new awning on it. I will let them know tomorrow about the refregerator.
Old 07-15-2018, 09:34 PM   #5

It's a 2018 25RS
Old 07-23-2018, 06:06 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elusive60 View Post
It's a 2018 25RS
I have a 2017 27IK bought brand new. The fridge makes a whinny sound. After I got looking around, I found that it's the fan they used for cooling the fins. It's just a cheap ass fan. Finding that Cruiser RV cheap out on many things on the trailer. They say it's a premium trailer, with a premium price tag but low standard parts and workmanship
Fordguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 06:14 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordguy View Post
I have a 2017 27IK bought brand new. The fridge makes a whinny sound. After I got looking around, I found that it's the fan they used for cooling the fins. It's just a cheap ass fan. Finding that Cruiser RV cheap out on many things on the trailer. They say it's a premium trailer, with a premium price tag but low standard parts and workmanship
Perhaps you are not aware, the identical same stoves, furnaces, microwaves, refrigerators, thermostats, TV's, stereo, air conditioners, axles, breakaway switches, electric jacks, vents, etc. are produced by their respective mfgs and multiple RV's use them in their products. Cruiser does not make the refrigerators used in their units.
Old 07-26-2018, 06:44 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
Perhaps you are not aware, the identical same stoves, furnaces, microwaves, refrigerators, thermostats, TV's, stereo, air conditioners, axles, breakaway switches, electric jacks, vents, etc. are produced by their respective mfgs and multiple RV's use them in their products. Cruiser does not make the refrigerators used in their units.
Yes I am aware that most parts and appliances are made by the same manufacturers and used in almost all RVs. I have owned many. Point I'm making is when they test them and they don't sound right or doesn't look good why send it out for sale. Let's be honest, they are mass produced and quality is not at a high standard in the RV business. You don't expect to fix problems with new trailers right from the start.
Old 07-26-2018, 06:58 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordguy View Post
Yes I am aware that most parts and appliances are made by the same manufacturers and used in almost all RVs. I have owned many. Point I'm making is when they test them and they don't sound right or doesn't look good why send it out for sale. Let's be honest, they are mass produced and quality is not at a high standard in the RV business. You don't expect to fix problems with new trailers right from the start.
Last three vehicles I purchased have had recalls.

Last home kitchen range purchased required two repairs.

Last home refrigerator purchased required repairs twice.

Last home stereo surround sound system purchased replaced by dealer within 2 weeks.

Last week purchased a new in the package WIFI extender...didn't function right out of the box.

?????
Old 07-26-2018, 10:08 AM   #10

The point is it's a brand new trailer and it is not acceptable. Good thing it has a year bumper to bumper warranty for me to find all that's wrong with it!
Old 07-28-2018, 03:22 PM   #11
N&K

Send a message via AIM to N&K

Welcome Elusive60 to the forum. I hope you and your dealer are able to work all of the bugs out of your trailer over the next year. I found that that using the trailer as much as you can allows you to see the various issues that may come up. By year two, the dealer should have the trailer in pretty good shape for future uses.
Old 09-10-2018, 11:07 AM   #12

Our 2018 27IK has many issues. From trim falling off to poor workmanship. Even had a whole cupboard come off. They have installed outlets slanted not straight. gas line running to the back rubbing against the trailer axle( I have it duct tapped away. That could have been bad). It been truly disappointing. We love the layout and look of the 27IK so I have taken pictures and documented all issues as they told me they would fix it all once we are done using it this year. So we have used it alot this summer. we have spent 48 days in it. Oh and the floor in front of the sofa is very flimsy.
Muckk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 09:25 PM   #13

Hello Muckk, sorry to hear you having issues with your trailer as well. I just had our trailer to the dealer and they were great fixing all my issues. I had a list of 20 things to have fixed. I had the same things as you have described. My floor is soft in front of the sofa as well and do believe it's were they put the water tank and couldn't put any support as to fit the tank in.
It is sad that they are producing garbage like this and think it's ok. You having the same issue as me just proves it's the manufacturer and not me being too picky and proves my fact that they have sub standard quality
Old 09-11-2018, 09:14 AM   #14

what did they say about the floor in front of the sofa? Are we going to have problems in the future with it?
Muckk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 09:23 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muckk View Post
what did they say about the floor in front of the sofa? Are we going to have problems in the future with it?
They just said it was fine. I guess Time will tell with the floor. Contacted the manufacturer on these issues and they just blew me off. The dealer i deal with is thinking off not carrying cruiser RV because of the quality and the way they conduct business
Old 09-17-2018, 05:56 AM   #16

Default Lemon

So they supposedly fixed the refrigerator but it's making the same awful sound. I took it out for my first camping trip. It rained and water came in at the bottom of the slide and my carpet got sopping wet. The water won't drain out of the shower because the drain is set higher in the bottom of the (shower pan) shower. I opened the cabinet door under one of the dinette benches and the door came apart in my hand. I'm so heartbroken and disgusted at the same time!
Old 09-21-2018, 01:19 PM   #17

Your point is spot on. Bought our 233RBS new and did a shakedown camp down the road from the dealer that night. When we went to set up, neither slide would open and the stabilizers on the rear were too short by about 6 inches on flat ground. The shower door gaskets were installed backwards and the kitchen faucet fell off into the sink while we were traveling. Now, I understand substandard cheap Chinese crap that gets installed by all manufacturers but this kind of stuff should be caught by a final QC at the factory. Come on...jacks that don't reach the ground??? Unfortunately, Cruiser (at the time) wasn't real interested in the problem and dumped it all on the dealer, who to their credit helped. Since then we've had reasonably good service from the trailer but their initial quality is more than suspect.

2011 F-150 EcoBoost
2014 233RBS
Karbean is offline   Reply With Quote