Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-08-2014, 04:04 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to catseye
Default New from NC With Tow Vehicle But No TT....Yet.

Just joined up from Raleigh NC. I have a 2013 Honda Ridgeline which (for me, at least) is one of the finest trucks on the Earth. I have been looking at travel trailers for a couple of months in anticipation of retirement and seeing the Country with the wife and maybe whatever furry creatures of ours that will go along comfortably.

Since I have a 5000lb total weight limit, the Fun Finders and Shadow Cruisers seem to be one of the few TTs that offer enough size at a weight that won't tax the Ridgeline's limits. So far, I find the SC 195WBS to have the most of what we like.

Anyway's glad to be here, look forward to learning what I can......

catseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 06:18 PM   #2

We will camping for the first time in our 195WBS this weekend. Bought it in early Nov. 2013 and then had to winterize for 5 months. Ours is a 2013 1/2; Cruiser RV made a mid year change to the 195WBS making it a full 8' wide, changing the slide to full size, designed an arched roof, but all that added 200 additional pounds and pushed the GVWR to slightly over 6000 pounds. We really love the floorplan for me, the wife and 2 midsize dogs. Good luck in finding something you like.

[/URL][/img]

Old 04-10-2014, 05:28 PM   #3

We pull our 2007 Fun Finder X FBS with a 2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac with no issues at all. It too,has a 5000 tow capacity, but we weigh in fully loaded around 4300 lbs. Our fuel milage stinks at 12 mpg or so, but the truck is not good on gas even when we are not towing (around 18 mpg) which I think,is horrible for a truck this size and a V6 engine. We are stirring tight until 2015 when Ford releases it's next generation Ecoboost V6 that is supposed get very good fuel milage in the new F-150.
2003 Limited Production New Beetle Turbo S
1966 VW Beetle -restored.
Dillinger-63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 09:10 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to catseye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger-63
We pull our 2007 Fun Finder X FBS with a 2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac with no issues at all. It too,has a 5000 tow capacity, but we weigh in fully loaded around 4300 lbs. Our fuel milage stinks at 12 mpg or so, but the truck is not good on gas even when we are not towing (around 18 mpg) which I think,is horrible for a truck this size and a V6 engine. We are stirring tight until 2015 when Ford releases it's next generation Ecoboost V6 that is supposed get very good fuel milage in the new F-150.
Interesting. I really like the SportTrac and would have bought one if I could have found what I was looking for. I guess Ford got tired of draining sales away from the F-150 with the ST. I would probably look at a bigger truck, but, will need to wait a couple of years. Your plan for waiting for the new ecoboost ford is exactly what I would do. Great idea. your FBS is a couple
hundred lb. lighter than what I'm looking at. From what I've been able to gather, as long as the total 5000lb is not exceeded, it'll do fine.

sounds like your performance figures are comparable to mine as well.

Thanks for your post. Helps me a lot.
catseye is offline   Reply With Quote