Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-25-2013, 06:55 AM   #1

Send a message via Yahoo to VTFF189
Default New Fun Finder Owner

We bought a used 2007 189FD at the end of last season. The dealer we purchased through had gone through everything and spent two hours with us when we picked it up. I was so excited to have a RV instead of a popup and it was the size and had what we wanted. We only used it twice last year, so this year is our first season figuring everything out. Our first trip was Memorial Day weekend at a state park. The temperature was 37 degrees and sleeting/snowing. We had problems keeping our battery charged, but came to the conclusion the battery was not fully charged and have bought a second battery as we dry camp more. We made it through the weekend saying we can camp in anything now. Our second trip out was at a private campground with electricity, etc. Our water heater was not working and were beside a gentleman from Kentucky who was retired from the Penske racing team where he was the lead pit crew and needless to say knows a lot. He has converted his RV to run on vegetable oil. He and my husband came to the conclusion that the propane selnoids needed replacing. We replaced them and everything is fine. My husband showed him our little camper and he said that the components of our camper are what you would find in the top of the line RV's. This made us feel that we had made a good purchased. We just returned from a week at a Vermont state park dry camping and had a wonderful time. The camper is everything we wanted. The weather was 90+ degrees for the first half and then turned to our beautiful Vermont summer weather. Can't wait to camp again.

VTFF189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 07:54 AM   #2

Welcome, glad you are figuring out your camper and having fun with it. You have to love that Vermont weather. I miss Vermont, I was born and raised there, we were just up there a couple weeks ago visiting family and boat camping on my parents boat at Burton Island State Park.

We recently up-sized from a popup too. I'm working on getting our FF setup for more dry camping, we just bought LEDs for most of the light fixtures and I'm planning on getting a 2nd battery before our trip to Shenandoah NP in September.