Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-11-2017, 11:17 AM   #1

Default New fun finder xtreme 28qb questions!

Hey guys,

Picked up a new fun finder 28qb , towing with a ram 1500 2016 year. I'm having a really hard time finding any information about the 28qb, its a bunk house model, its a little cramped but I was limited in weight by my ram, but its got dual ac units and a 50amp inverter , and a back room, which we really wanted.

In the price sheet it says it has a central vac, we don't pick ip up until wed but I was overly curious about where to find this. We looked high and low and found nothing, anyone know where it might be? Also , the cruiser rv website is very very minimalistic , are these pretty solid units ? What's the warranty like on them ?

Thanks!

Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 06:00 PM   #2

When you pick up your new unit from the dealership, make certain you take notes during the walk thru .. more info than you can remember.

Also, make them show/demonstrate each feature that it functions correctly ~ awning, slideout, water heater, stove, refrigerator, furnace, all lights inside/outside, air conditioner, microwave, plumbing fixtures w/water in them, water low drain points, ceiling vents/fans, winterization by pass location, TV, radio, black/grey water drains, and the switch panel for water heater/lights/disconnect switch and whatever specific questions you have. If getting a weight distributing hitch with the trailer, have them set it up and explain/show the hookup procedure. Make sure the shore power cord is with the unit too.
Take a list of any questions you can think of ahead of time ... like warranty work, etc.
Don't forget to ask for a free start up package w/water hose/sewer hose/holding tank chemicals, toilet paper, etc.

Other may have more suggestions. and congratulations on your new camper. Hope you enjoy it!

Old 02-11-2017, 06:27 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
When you pick up your new unit from the dealership, make certain you take notes during the walk thru .. more info than you can remember.

Also, make them show/demonstrate each feature that it functions correctly ~ awning, slideout, water heater, stove, refrigerator, furnace, all lights inside/outside, air conditioner, microwave, plumbing fixtures w/water in them, water low drain points, ceiling vents/fans, winterization by pass location, TV, radio, black/grey water drains, and the switch panel for water heater/lights/disconnect switch and whatever specific questions you have. If getting a weight distributing hitch with the trailer, have them set it up and explain/show the hookup procedure. Make sure the shore power cord is with the unit too.
Take a list of any questions you can think of ahead of time ... like warranty work, etc.
Don't forget to ask for a free start up package w/water hose/sewer hose/holding tank chemicals, toilet paper, etc.

Other may have more suggestions. and congratulations on your new camper. Hope you enjoy it!
You rock, I was worried about having them go through every single feature,but for near 30k.. I guess i'm a little entitled I noticed their were no hoses, or power cords -anywhere- on the camper, I'm assuming they store them somewhere and give them out when you pick it up. The walkthrough of the unit is on wed.
Old 02-11-2017, 08:31 PM   #4

Another tip that I heard is using your smart phone and taking a video while the dealer's rep shows you how to use things. You can refer back to it if you have questions while you're out camping.
Enjoy the new camper and have fun!!!
"I'd rather go camping"
BigMikeFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 11:59 AM   #5

A few more thoughts ~~

The basic warranty is usually 12 months.

It may or may not come with a shower curtain....most don't.

Most dealers provide FULL propane tanks and a new house battery. BTW, have them demonstrate how to tank switch over works.

IF an outdoor grill is included, be sure it's there.

Best on your pickup.
Old 02-12-2017, 03:29 PM   #6

Congratulations on your new Fun Finder. Since Jayco is now part of the Thor family, I suggest going to the Jayco Owners Forum. There you can find a very good "PDI" list. Print this list out and take it with you when you go to pick up your new trailer. Enjoy your new adventure.
Lolead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 05:17 PM   #7

A 28 footer is cramped?? I could fit two of my 12 footers into yours! Mine looks just like the one in the photo at the top of the page.

Anyway, congratulations! Be sure to ask lots of questions, not only at the PDI but later --we are always happy to help.
profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 08:22 PM   #8

Turns out the thing didn't come with a central vac system, didn't find that out until we did out PDI, the guy doing the PDI was quite literally, about as equally as ignorant as we were regarding the unit. He continued to tell us " his parents " worked a certain way, and wasn't sure why our non electric furnace wasn't working... when the propane was off... it was disappointing, luckily, we took possession and headed straight to the campsite, been there since wed, it's a super awesome camper, i feel like we made a good choice. WE got a 75 dollar gift card to the camp shop for the MSRP sheet being wrong, they wanted to order us a hand held dirt devil to replace the central vac system that didn't exist, but felt it would have just been the cheapest they could find, so we opted out of that.
Old 02-17-2017, 10:09 PM   #9

We use a broom -- saves on electricity when we don't have hookups.
profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 04:23 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by profdant139 View Post
We use a broom -- saves on electricity when we don't have hookups.
We carry a great little compact vacuum. We needed it last year when swarms of black flies and mosquitoes suddenly descended upon us a a campsite. It was a life saver! But we had electric there. Hope to get a generator.
It's a big world...explore it!!!
Michigantraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 09:02 AM   #11

We also carry a small hand held vacuum for those little 'clean up make it look tidy' jobs and these work great!

Oreck XL BB280D Housekeeper Compact Handheld Canister Vacuum Cleaner White | eBay

Picked mine up at a 2nd hand store for $15.00 w/hoses/assys
Old 02-18-2017, 02:20 PM   #12

Quote:
We also carry a small hand held vacuum for those little 'clean up make it look tidy' jobs and these work great!

Oreck XL BB280D Housekeeper Compact Handheld Canister Vacuum Cleaner White | eBay

Picked mine up at a 2nd hand store for $15.00 w/hoses/assys
Yeah, their are tons of ones we can get / buy / use. Merely pointing out the MSRP feature sheet was wrong, it's disappointing, because having a built-in central vac was cool, it didn't decide this unit for us, but the fact they were only willing to give us 75 bucks for the MSRP sheet being wrong is a bit "meh".
Old 02-18-2017, 03:50 PM   #13

I hear you.
Old 02-26-2017, 03:15 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy View Post
Yeah, their are tons of ones we can get / buy / use. Merely pointing out the MSRP feature sheet was wrong, it's disappointing, because having a built-in central vac was cool, it didn't decide this unit for us, but the fact they were only willing to give us 75 bucks for the MSRP sheet being wrong is a bit "meh".
Here is an ad that says it has one. And someone with a different model just posted that they can't find theirs either. Not good.

https://www.guaranty.com/vehicle/201...er-28qd-t36504
Old 02-26-2017, 05:54 PM   #15

The factory brochure does not mention a central vac system.
http://www.rvwholesalers.com/resourc...Fun-Finder.pdf

If/when a dealers ad indicates there is a central vac system, they have made an error in their advertising IMO.
Old 02-26-2017, 07:03 PM   #16

Both new owners said they expected to get it, Billy saw it on his "MSRP feature sheet". Sounds like deceptive advertising on the feature sheet by the manufacturer.
Old 03-11-2017, 08:18 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigantraveler View Post
Both new owners said they expected to get it, Billy saw it on his "MSRP feature sheet". Sounds like deceptive advertising on the feature sheet by the manufacturer.
My trailer started developing holes in the fiberglass, three windows leak, fridge won't drain, and the sink leaks.

Really loving the fun finder now... dealer has it and thinks it might have to go back to Indiana, just in time for the season to start with the kids.

Also here is a link to the Msrp sheet: http://assets-cdn-interactrv.netdna-ssl.com/funtownrv/unit_spec_sheet/unit_spec_sheet_201611301101182071670735.pdf?modif ied=1130201623054284
Old 03-11-2017, 10:23 AM   #18

Quote:
The factory brochure does not mention a central vac system.
http://www.rvwholesalers.com/resourc...Fun-Finder.pdf

If/when a dealers ad indicates there is a central vac system, they have made an error in their advertising IMO.
It was from a sheet given to the dealer by cruiser RV. I posted a link earlier, but it has to be approved by an admin. It's moot now, i'm in the process of demanding they buy the piece of crap back at this point.

It's been a fruitful journey, that's for sure lol.
Old 03-11-2017, 10:47 AM   #19

Billy, just curious, any other problems with the unit? I know the dealer let you down with the walk through. But did you have other issues with your trailer?
Old 03-11-2017, 11:02 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigantraveler View Post
Billy, just curious, any other problems with the unit? I know the dealer let you down with the walk through. But did you have other issues with your trailer?
Random holes started appearing in the fiberglass. Dealer has it but has no idea what is going on. They are pulling the roof back Tuesday to see if some screws or something poked through. Also have two cracks on opposit side above slide.

Three windows leak, and sink leaks. They are fixing it, I'm not mad at the dealer , yet... but I had it for a whole week before it literally started falling apart. They said it needs to go back to Indiana, which is perfect timing for the best season with the kids. I've told them I'm not letting them take it for 6 weeks, so we shall see what happens.