Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-14-2009, 08:21 PM   #1

Default New Funfinder owner

Hi,
We are Dale & Mary Ellen, live in Hibbing, MN. I recently found a hardly used Funfinder X139 for a good price in a close by city. I bought it and towed it home just in time to get it winterized before the snow came. We managed to make a short trip the first week before the weather hit the freezing mark. I am towing it with my hardly used 2004 GMC 4wd truck (foreign brand vehicles are not allowed) which has a factory towing package and it seems to tow really nicely. Installed a brake controller before I brought it home and found it easy to install in the factory provided socket. First thing I did was get rid of the pop-up table, replaced it with a smaller, lighter, easier to set up table from Lowe's and built a plywood base to use under the bedding (after extending the shelf braces). Great improvement! We are both retired and plan to spend considerable time in the FF starting in the spring. We have great State Parks and campgrounds in Minnesota and be happy to give you guidance if you are in the area. Feel free to make contact if you are in the area, love to meet other Funfinders. I have yet to see another one in these parts, no dealers in the immediate area. We are happy to read about other people's experiences with the FF's. Hope ours isn't a disaster like some we've heard about. So far, so good! Happy camping! Here's a pic from our first voyage to Jay Cooke State Park near Duluth, MN.
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w183/dmnev/forum.jpg
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w183/dmnev/jc2.jpg

dmnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 11:11 AM   #2

Hello Dale and Mary,

We are Mike and Brenda, formerly of Little Falls now living in Maryland. We are considering a trip your direction and would love to hear about favorites. Here are a couple of photos from some of our trips here. Should you find yourself 'out east' let us know...

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...1&l=17ef39d5c3