Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-18-2012, 04:09 PM   #1

Default New mattress

We need a new mattress for our 2007 X189FB, which we just purchased without a mattress. Any suggestons? We need standard queen size, but only have 5" clearance under the window clips in the bed area.

marilyngollan@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 11:13 PM   #2

I have seen thin, 6"-8"queen size mattresses at mattress stores. Our solution to the poor quality mattress that comes in the FunFinder was to add the 2" memory foam topper that Costco sells. You can get these toppers from other stores as well. It is now quite comfy...of course not like the one at home! Good luck!

2016 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel 4x4
jbfunfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:38 PM   #3

Default new mattress

my wife and I are getting a "Night Therapy 9” NuRest® Better Than Latex™ Pressure Relief Mattress - Queen (In Stock) for $298.24 from Sams club it is supposed to be 60"X 80" and great support so will see in a couple of week and I'll post with a review
2008 Cruiser RV Fun Finder XT200 Toyhauler
tugjes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:04 AM   #4

Default Re: New mattress

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyngollan@gmail.com
We need a new mattress for our 2007 X189FB, which we just purchased without a mattress. Any suggestons? We need standard queen size, but only have 5" clearance under the window clips in the bed area.
Hubby and I have an '08 FF x 189fbs, and we replaced the mattress with a reg. queen size 8" mattress from Wal-Mart. It is the one that comes in the box and was under $200. It is so comfortable we're buying one to replace our mattress at home.
Happy camping,
Nana2cuties
Old 04-07-2013, 11:04 AM   #5

Picking a mattress has alot to do with personal preference and personal need. With two back surgeries, my mattress requirements are very important.

One trial run with the POS that comes with the camper told me NO WAY! I would have preferred a Sleep Number mattress like I have at home but unable to justify the price for the camper so settled on a higher end Beautyrest mattress. Did try the 2" memory foam topper over the factory 'mattress' that came with the Fun Finder but it didn't help at all.

The XT276 front bed is for a 'short queen' but the standard size queen mattress only overhangs a few inches so has worked out OK.