Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Club Community Forums > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-17-2017, 06:23 AM   #1

Smile New member

Wow! A FF Club, cool! Just happened across this when researching stuff about our trailer.We just bought a 2012 FF XT 276, a replacement for the Outback 2006 we lost last fall in a traffic accident.We love camping and travelling and haul our 2005 Yamaha Road Star and bikes for the family.Have our first trip planned in 3 weeks time about 2 hours from home.
We have never camped in the US, but it is on my bucket list.Just need to pursuade hubby to cross over... Looking forward to hearing from you all and any helpful advice appreciated.
My second time trying to post.Unable to confirm first one went through.

ON-getaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 06:44 AM   #2

Welcome. Quite a few with toyhaulers on here. Be sure to post any questions on here. Lots of experience and friendly people here. Yes, cross over!!
Any advice to give regarding your accident? We would like to hear it.

It's a big world...explore it!!!
Michigantraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 07:39 AM   #3

Someone blew a stop sign and struck our trailer at the cargo area passenger side, causing us to spin about 180 degrees. Trailer ripped open like a can of sardines and all possessions spewed out on the road.Thankfully motorcycle was not on board, just our bicycles, or someone would be serious injured or killed.Lost everything, and insurance covered half.Who would have thought that within seconds, something this terrible would happen. Hail or wind damage, sure, but not a total write off.
Suggest trailers are insured for replacement cost, not what you paid for it.What are the odds
though.And watch those intersections!!!
Old 06-17-2017, 08:06 AM   #4

Wow! Yes, things like this happen fast. So glad no one was hurt and your motorcycle wasn't with you. Thanks for the insurance info also. Our new to us rv is old but we've put some money into it to make it more to our liking and more reliable and safe. I'm thinking that money is gone forever no matter what. But we love it anyway. As a motorcyclist we learn to expect everyone to do the unthinkable on the road. But that doesn't always work. Fate steps in.
It's a big world...explore it!!!
Michigantraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 11:14 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ON-getaway View Post
Wow! A FF Club, cool! Just happened across this when researching stuff about our trailer.We just bought a 2012 FF XT 276, a replacement for the Outback 2006 we lost last fall in a traffic accident.We love camping and travelling and haul our 2005 Yamaha Road Star and bikes for the family.Have our first trip planned in 3 weeks time about 2 hours from home.
We have never camped in the US, but it is on my bucket list.Just need to pursuade hubby to cross over... Looking forward to hearing from you all and any helpful advice appreciated.
My second time trying to post.Unable to confirm first one went through.
Welcome from another 2012 XT 276 Toy Hauler owner....however I ordered mine from the factory thru a dealer some 300 miles away. Dealer helped with choices, got an excellent cost number and they did a very complete pre-check inspection as never had to return for any warranty work or repairs.

I did tweek a few things myself and made some personal modifications but overall, really like the unit.

Happy travels.

Old 06-17-2017, 08:18 PM   #6

Find the storage areas plentiful but not easy to access.Really miss a pantry cupboard we had in our first Toyhauler.The bathroom is between the garage and kitchen area and the doors into this room are awkward.Contemplating changing one so both work the same direction.Wonder what your set up is.Have any photos to share?
Contemplating some shelving in front bunk area too.Hey, do you have a couch and dinette in your unit??
Old 06-17-2017, 08:19 PM   #7

Just looking at your truck description.Probably no probs pulling TH
Old 06-18-2017, 03:54 AM   #8

Quote:
Find the storage areas plentiful but not easy to access.Really miss a pantry cupboard we had in our first Toyhauler.The bathroom is between the garage and kitchen area and the doors into this room are awkward.Contemplating changing one so both work the same direction.Wonder what your set up is.Have any photos to share?
Contemplating some shelving in front bunk area too.Hey, do you have a couch and dinette in your unit??
Here is the 2012 XT 276 brochure and what mine looks like but have added a few modifications. Has the couch/dinette .. standard set-up I believe. Opted for the queen bed instead of the fold down couches in the garage area.

http://www.generalrv.com/product/use...-276-338193-28

Not a photo person & no idea how to put them on...sorry.
Old 06-18-2017, 03:57 AM   #9

Quote:
Just looking at your truck description.Probably no probs pulling TH
The truck doesn't even know it's pulling something. Those 410 horses under the hood don't even breath hard. LOL

The first couple of years I pulled with a 2004 Ram 1500 4x4 w/5.7 Hemi. It did the job well but the 2500 does it effortlessly.