Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-27-2019, 01:49 PM   #1

Default New Member, Welches, OR

Good afternoon. My wife and I just bought a 2008 Cruiser Fun Finder X189FBS. We sold our last travel trailer several years ago. A couple of years ago, we bought a tent trailer for our one-to-two camping trips a year. But, setting that up is a bi of a challenge and we are planning to take a few longer trips over the next couple of years so, we think the Fun Finder will fill the bill for us. Don

Don Becker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 04:57 PM   #2

Welcome and happy camping.

Old 01-30-2019, 11:33 PM   #3

Welcome fellow Oregonian! My wife and I just bought a 2009 Fun Finder 189fbs in November. We haven’t taken it out yet, but we love the size and floor plan. We will start camping in May. I don’t think there are many Fun Finders in Oregon. Glad to see we will have company!
Kfalls189fbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 09:43 AM   #4

Don, where are you thinking about going? We've travelled throughout the Western US and Canada and might be able to provide some useful tips.

Frankly, your biggest problem is going to be finding a destination that can compete with your home base!! We have often driven for several days just to get to Mt. Hood and the Cascades.
profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 03:39 PM   #5

Welcome Don!

We also have a 2008 FF 189FBS and have enjoyed it greatly. We purchased it used in 2011.

Last summer we traveled from Florida to Alaska and our FF did very well - 23000 miles and 177 nights. (see our blog ar rabbitrailsblog.wordpress.com) We even camped at Humbug Mountain SP on the south Oregon coast on our trip home. It was the adventure of a lifetime!

We have taken numerous other shorter trips and the FF has treated us well!

Can I offer a few suggestions:

Watch your slide carefully. Over the years ours had a small leak and on the trip above we had to have the slide rebuilt. No fun and very costly!

Also keep an eye on the spare tire mount on the back of the camper. Because of extensive road vibrations and some minor leakage, our mounting bracket started to come loose. We removed the tire and carried it in the back of our truck the rest of the trip. I recently repaired the damage (with new fiberglass on the outside and pressure treated plywood on the bathroom wall). Glad I did not leave the tire on the road!

When we replaced our tires a several years ago we went with load range D tires (versus load range C). C tires are four ply, D tires are 8 ply - overall higher capacity. During our trip we only had one flat. When we are home, we treat the tires with '303' protectant and keep them covered. No dry rot issues!

Happy camping - enjoy your FF!
ThompsonJax3880 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 06:38 AM   #6

Welcome! We think you will find this group very helpful and interesting. We are newbies also , just purchasing our 2012 Funfinder X 189 last spring. We love it! as we are sure you will also. We live in Nova Scotia Canada on the beautiful South Shore. Definitely would recommend a trip up this way as our scenery and easy laid back way of life is refreshing.. Happy Trails!
Frenchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 09:01 AM   #7

Default Moondust

I have a 2008 Fun Finder 160. I live in the small town of Joseph, Or.. Welcome to the group, I think you will find them very helpful and get some good ideas from fellow Fun Finders.
Intl30pds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 04:40 PM   #8

We viewed your blog, enjoyed your pictures. It took us down memory lane.
Gerald Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 06:26 PM   #9

My thanks for all of the great replies and welcomes. I'm a little embarrassed that I have been so long in replying. Here's what happened: after registering and making that first post, somehow, the forum "decided" it didn't "like" me. I cannot tell you how hard I tried to get back in. The site just would not recognize me or my password. One of the administrators tried to help a couple of times but I eventually got frustrated and gave up. Today, I decided to try again. This time, it did let me re-set my password and, at least for right now, I am back in here. I have read all of your replies up above. Your tips and offers are appreciated! Thanks again! Don
Don Becker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 03:46 PM   #10
APD

Talking

That's good news! Welcome all over again.
Now you can post up some pictures ..........

1994 GMC Camper Van,
APD is offline   Reply With Quote