Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-04-2012, 11:23 AM   #1

Default New Owner of X210 Fun Finder in Indiana

Hello,
My husband and I live in South Central Indiana and we just purchased a 2006 X210 fun finder over the weekend. We love the modern look inside with the white cabinets, brushed nickel hardware, hardwood laminate flooring, and the fact it was lightweight, etc. We are towing it with my husband's Nissan Frontier and we have a weight distribution hitch. Anybody else have this model and had any problems with it, or anything we should know about this? This is our first fun finder - we had a gulfstream innsbruck before this camper. We love to go camping and are interested in meeting other people from our area who like to camp. We are 30 years old and we don't have any children but we take our 2 dogs camping with us, who are just like our babies We like to camp at Starve Hollow, Sullivan Lake, and we are trying out Hardin Ridge campground at Lake Monroe soon.

Old 06-05-2012, 12:28 PM   #2

Default Re: New Owner of X210 Fun Finder in Indiana

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncrohn
Hello,
My husband and I live in South Central Indiana and we just purchased a 2006 X210 fun finder over the weekend. We love the modern look inside with the white cabinets, brushed nickel hardware, hardwood laminate flooring, and the fact it was lightweight, etc. We are towing it with my husband's Nissan Frontier and we have a weight distribution hitch. Anybody else have this model and had any problems with it, or anything we should know about this? This is our first fun finder - we had a gulfstream innsbruck before this camper. We love to go camping and are interested in meeting other people from our area who like to camp. We are 30 years old and we don't have any children but we take our 2 dogs camping with us, who are just like our babies We like to camp at Starve Hollow, Sullivan Lake, and we are trying out Hardin Ridge campground at Lake Monroe soon.
Welcome to the forum ! I don't have the X210, but I have it's baby brother, the 189FDS. I bought it last Novemeber and am having a blast with it.

My suggestion to you is to go over every inch, and I mean every single inch of the trailer and look for anything that needs attention. I can tell you that my camper is 14 months old ( made in April 11 ) and I have had to recaulk numerous seams around the outside. This is routine maintenance on any camper. The "seams" get tweaked and flexed as you drive down the road, so they need to be looked after to insure that rainwater does not get inside which will cause many, many problems.
I also routinely crawl around under the camper looking for anything that might be going wrong, like cracks in the frame or suspension ( good so far ! ), inspecting the tires all around, etc. There are a dozen or so nuts' that hold the wall sections of the trailer down onto the frame. You can see them if you lay on your back under the trailer. If I remember they take a 1/2" socket.....my bet is yours are loose by now. Snug them up and anything else you see that might be loose. Check all your plumbing fittings ( both water supply and drains ) to make sure all fittings are snug.

Then take your camper out and enjoy !

george

PS. good choice of truck ! LOL.....same as mine !

gmw photographics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:52 AM   #3

thanks gmw for the helpful tips! Yeah, the Frontier does a good job pulling this camper.