Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-14-2010, 02:56 PM   #1

Default New T-139

Hi Everyone,

I just bought a 2005 T-139. I happened across it by chance. I wanted an RV or trailer but most of the TTs are too big for my crossover/tall wagon to pull and non-trailer RVs are very expensive!. An acquaintance mentioned she was selling her trailer and I asked her more about it. After finding out she tows it with her mini-van, I made an offer and bought my very first RV! Actually, my first RV (not really sure the name even applies) was a 600 pound tear drop trailer I pulled with my Mazda Miata. I'll have to find a picture of it.

I live in Southern CA, so I had to make the 7 hr plus trip up to Northern CA to pick it up. It rained that day but I picked it up and headed home. It pulls very nice and steady behind my 2006 Buick Rendezvous. I tow it with the tanks full thanks to info I read on the internet regarding reducing sway.

I've camped twice now. Once at a dog show at the Long Beach Convention center and once at a dirt parking lot at a dog show in Boulder City, NV. (Anyone seeing a trend here?)

Both times my friend and her four dogs have been with me and my three dogs. Yes, we all fit! I sleep in the top bunk with one dog, my other 2 sleep on the floor on dog beds, and her four sleep on the bottom bed. Although during the second trip one of mine snuck in bed with her also. Not sure how there was any room left for her as the bottom bed has been converted into a permanent twin mattress. The reason all of my dogs don’t sleep with me is due to the weight limit on the upper bunk. I have a 30 pound Tibetan Terrier and a 40 pound Belgian Malionis and a larger 60 pound Malinois. Don't want that bunk to collapse!

The trailer is great so far. The previous owner kept it nice and clean and everything works. No leaks so far. There is a crack in the ceiling joint by the A/C which makes me nervous because of the reports I've read about the A/C coming in through the roof!

I was given a small generator but it wouldn't run the microwave. Plus, I can't figure out how to transport it now that it has gas in it. The fumes overwhelmed me when I put it in the car and I put in the trailer and when I got home a red light was blinking on the turned off heater and I noticed it said to keep gasoline fumes away. It was off, but still...

I'm thinking my biggest problem is cooling in my tow vehicle. It is fine most of the time, but going up large hills the temp gauge sometimes swings up. It hasn't overheated, but I don't like that it gets hot. Plus, it isn't summer yet and the summer heat will be a big factor. My Buick didn't come with the town package and there are no aftermarket high performance or heavy duty radiators available (I checked.) I'll deal with that potential issue this summer.

In a few months I'm going to a training opportunity and taking my dogs and I'll be living in the trailer full time for about 2 months. That should be an adventure!

ThreeDogDays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 05:21 PM   #2

I'm about to start an extended living arrangement in my 189 FBR, so that I can save money for a down on a house. I also spent three months this summer in it while traveling around the country for work and fun.

Enjoy!

I have a generator, but am towing with a pickup, so there's no issues with gas fumes.
guybmoto is offline   Reply With Quote