Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-02-2010, 07:39 PM   #1

Default New to the Fun Finder boards

Hi All,
My wife and I finally broke down and traded our outback for a 2011 Fun Finder Extra 275. I am really hoping it was the right choice. I have seen many post on here with people stating that they are believeing these trailers are junk. I really, realy hope this is not the case. I have seen a few better features on the outback and also some better features on the fun finder. We were looking for this floorplan a few years back and no one offered it. We actually were set with outback since we bought it new only 2 years ago, but fell in love with the versitility and floorplan of the fun finder. This is a new model for funfinder and I belive thier largest. We have one month until our maiden voyage. Please wish us much sucess with our new toy

starbuc71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 08:27 AM   #2

Congratulations on your new trailer! We too are new to the Fun Finder world and have been having simular feelings about whether or not we made the right choice... I think we did This past weekend we took ours out to a local State park (no hookups but had a great time) and used a Honda EU3000i Handi generator (just purchased this too & it's awesome... one pull and it's working) So far we haven't found any major problems and hope it stays that way. Ours is a 189FDS 2010. This mini outing gave us a little time to play with the new camper. Right now it's set up in the side yard for some redneck camping...lol

Hoping your maiden voyage is an awesome one!

Old 07-03-2010, 01:24 PM   #3

how do you like the Honda Handi? I am debating right now between the 3000 handi and the regular 3000i. Looks the handi is lighter but has a no elct. start and a little less amps.
starbuc71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 04:30 PM   #4

Had no difficulty whats so ever starting the unit. Know we could have gone with a cheaper generator but do know a few people with Honda brand generators and they haven't had any problems with them and having had other Honda products, we know they are reliable . We did consider the electric start one but it was a bit heavier and since dear ole hubby broke his back 12/09 (fell out of a tree heading up to a tree stand...ugh) we try keeping things light as possible. May down the road get another one to parallel with but for now we are OK.