Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-21-2022, 06:32 PM   #1

Default New to us 2007 Fun Finder 160

We just purchased this 2007 Fun Finder 160. We got a pretty good deal on it at an auction nearby. We're the third owners. Previous owner just replaced the water heater, tires, awning, and had the roof coated.

We have a family of 5 and travel with our 2 dogs. We've had a large 30ft pull behind and it was no fun to drag around. Some of our best times were in our Coleman Niagara pop-up, but we grew tired of getting to a campsite late and having to do all the work to put it up. Tried tent camping for a season and our dogs just don't do that. This little camper seems to fit the bill perfectly.

Currently, I'm looking for the Fun Finder decals. Found some sellers on eBay, looks like pricing is arounc $30-$40 a decal. Anybody find a better place to get them?
Attached Thumbnails
20220820_125651.jpg   20220820_125656.jpg  

FamilyFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2022, 09:27 AM   #2

Congratulations on getting your Funfinder. When you said a family of 5 and two dogs, you not all planning on using the trailer at the same time are you?

twinster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2022, 09:30 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinster2 View Post
Congratulations on getting your Funfinder. When you said a family of 5 and two dogs, you not all planning on using the trailer at the same time are you?
We will absolutely be using it at the same time .
Old 08-23-2022, 07:13 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FamilyFun View Post
We will absolutely be using it at the same time .
So, Mom for sure, prolly at least one of the dogs and MAYBE Dad, get to sleep in the camper. Everyone else outside under the awning !

2007 Shadow Cruiser x210, 2004 RAM 2500 4x4 QuadCab SLT 5.9L CTD, Factory Tow Pkg (3.73 axle), HaulMaster WDH
RipVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2022, 01:06 PM   #5

You made seriously want to consider some tents. I don't think you're on it is going to make a good place if the weather gets sour. Enjoy your new camper I know I love mine.
dustyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2022, 04:01 PM   #6

Default New to us 2007 Fun Finder 160

Our first boat was a little 21' cruiser with a small cabin and no standing headroom. My folks slept in the V-berths and I got the air mattress on the deck in between them. We didn't bring either of the dogs, two collies, very often. The head was a porcelain pail with a waxed paper bag innit, that resided under the flip up cushion of the port berth. That gave new meaning to the phrase, "you gotta get up to go." No one was happier than I when we sold that boat for a slightly longer cabin cruiser with an actual dinette, a settee, and an enclosed head. No one except my mom.

I think that X160 has more room than we did. I think they will be a very friendly family
2013 GMC Sierra
NorthPuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2022, 05:31 PM   #7

We hung out in it today for quite a while. We played some games and watched a movie. The kids were all in their bunks and the AC was keeping it nice and cool. We didn't have any issues.

Some people need to feel like their home away from home is just that. When we camp, we're camping. As the kids get older, I'm sure we may upsize a little. For now, we have a 3,4,and 9 year old. Plenty of room and we love of micro camper.
Old 08-29-2022, 09:28 AM   #8

Those kids don't know how lucky they are, but someday they will. In the year 2100, three old people will be reminiscing about that wonderful little trailer and how much they enjoyed hanging out and playing games with the family.
profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 09:32 AM   #9

I forgot to mention how lucky you are, too. We did not discover trailering till we were in our 50s and the kids were grown. I wish we could have camped with them when they were young.

(Although, to be truthful, the empty nest aspect of trailering is pretty great, too.)

profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote