Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-16-2017, 07:36 PM   #1

Default Our first FunFinder

Hello everyone, Wife and I are newbies to the Fun Finder family, but have been rving for 20 years. Hope to learn a lot from each of you. Our new rv is a 2017 21rb.

dir882001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 08:46 PM   #2

Default Welcome!

Hopefully your new Fun Finder will truly live up to it's name, and you can enjoy it frequently! Welcome to the site.

"I'd rather go camping"
BigMikeFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 02:22 PM   #3

Congratulations and welcome to the club!! Everyone is always so helpful on this forum, you will love it!!
Cynsew2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 08:31 AM   #4

We are new to FF too! Hoping to get lots of pleasure from this RV, first trip happening July 5
ON-getaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 11:06 PM   #5

Welcome to both of you newbies! We really like our FF 189FBR. We have made two trips this year so far and have some more planned. Get out there and enjoy.
Chirpz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 10:17 PM   #6

Hello everyone
Brand new to solo traveling. Just got my funfinder. A bit nervous. I feel like I just entered kindergarten. Terrified still learning how hook my rig up. And backing in to a space is very much a challenge. I am so grateful for everyone who has crossed my path with help.
Mariah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 06:56 AM   #7

Welcome to the new funfinder owners.........ask any questions as lots of experience here...and they will help you avoid mistakes.

Also, those who have been RVing in other brands, share you knowledge as well.
Old 07-04-2017, 08:37 PM   #8

Congratulations on buying your 21rb. We just past 3000 miles on our 2017 21rb and it has been great. Only problem we have had is the gas hot water heater which has already been in shop once and still having problems. Only mods we have made so far is replacing the mattress and moving the legs of the dinette in to make it easier to slide in with my long legs. Hope you like yours as much as we like ours.
Beachnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 07:55 AM   #9

Me, toooooo! In fact, I don't even register it until Monday! But I found a 2008 Fun Finder X 189 that is in such immaculate condition, and I'm so ready to experience a more comfortable change from tent camping, that I couldn't help but commit myself to this darling litter trailer. But I am very nervous about towing. I am installing a back up camera on the rear of the trailer; also have sway bars and torsion (sp) thingy, so that helps relieve a bit of stress as well. I'm watching lots of YouTube videos about towing...
saraholsonware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 12:23 PM   #10

Backing up a camper is a learned skill, and it does take some practice. I suggest an early-Sunday-morning trip to your local high school or shopping mall parking lot. There, you can really get the feel for how much and how long to keep your wheels turned for a particular maneuver. Once you get comfortable, try backing into a single parking space. The worst that can happen there is that you go over the line. Except for the light poles. Watch out for them. Congratulations on your new toy!
-- 1962 Wife / Partner-In-Life
vttimwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 03:52 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by saraholsonware View Post
Me, toooooo! In fact, I don't even register it until Monday! But I found a 2008 Fun Finder X 189 that is in such immaculate condition, and I'm so ready to experience a more comfortable change from tent camping, that I couldn't help but commit myself to this darling litter trailer. But I am very nervous about towing. I am installing a back up camera on the rear of the trailer; also have sway bars and torsion (sp) thingy, so that helps relieve a bit of stress as well. I'm watching lots of YouTube videos about towing...
A tip for backing up,
steer from bottom of wheel,
move wheel left camper goes left
(the wheel actually moves to right)
good for the little left, little right ,right ,left maneuver
Go Slow put up reset if needed.
2017 Keystone Summerland 1750RD
fourfourto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 08:03 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourfourto View Post
A tip for backing up,
steer from bottom of wheel,
move wheel left camper goes left
(the wheel actually moves to right)
good for the little left, little right ,right ,left maneuver
Go Slow put up reset if needed.
thanks so much for the pointers. I'll let you know how it goes...
saraholsonware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 08:29 PM   #13

Although some may not think so, the longer the trailer the easier it is to back it up.

Old 07-10-2017, 01:06 AM   #14

Thats true,the shorter the trailer the more squirrelly it gets,dont forget to remove sway control bar before backing up
Johnkalichak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 01:08 AM   #15

Take short trips at first,maybe 2 to 3 days
Johnkalichak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 04:15 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
Although some may not think so, the longer the trailer the easier it is to back it up.

That's very true, especially if you can see it good in your mirrors. But you can't turn around on a narrow mountain road with a drop off on one side.
Chirpz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 06:36 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirpz View Post
That's very true, especially if you can see it good in your mirrors. But you can't turn around on a narrow mountain road with a drop off on one side.
No narrow mountain roads out here in the 'flatlands of the midwest'

However, even on a 4 lane interstate, no place to turn around a 16 foot wide by 80 foot long manfactured home either....as I know by first hand experience.
Old 07-12-2017, 08:16 PM   #18

Just had our first week camping with our FF.Just wondering what your setup is like with access to toy hauler space.Does your door open into bathroom or TH room? Does your radio also have DVD usage and if so do you use it? No manual with our trailer.
Do you store canned goods in upper cupboard or below sink or elsewhere?? Still reorganizing stuff here.Appreciate suggestions.
ON-getaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 08:56 PM   #19

Easiest way to detail the 2012 xt276 floor plan, etc. is to show you one here:
Used 2012 Cruiser Fun Finder Xtra XT-276 Toy Hauler Travel Trailer at General RV | Huntley, IL | #121894

As you can see, the bath separates the garage area from the 'living area' with doors going into each from the bath area.

Yes, the radio has a built in DVD player when we use from time to time. Have never used the radio as a radio nor the outside speakers.

We don't carry much for canned goods but those taken are stored in lower cabinets on/at floor level. In truth, seems we always take more food than necessary and learning it's simpler to stop at a grocery store when getting to our destination for some items. Also, we probably eat at a restaurant maybe 50% of the time as not often at the campground for noon meal and frequently not for the evening meal either...unless tired or planned a nice big thick steak on the grill.

We also carry a large cooler filled with ice and loaded with a case of bottled water, some ice tea and a 6 pack of Coke. By not entering the frig for cold drinks, the frig maintains a more consistent temperature for the items in it.

What FunFinder do you have, year and model?
What do you tow with?

IF you have the same toy hauler I have, here is a complete dealer orientation video:
Old 07-13-2017, 08:42 AM   #20

I love my outside radio and use it even at home in my driveway The build in dvd player spins loudly in mine so we don't use that.

im4x4ldy is offline   Reply With Quote