Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-23-2013, 09:39 PM   #1

Default Shadow Cruiser 260BHS

Just found this site and I am happy I did. We are in our 2nd summer with our 2013 260BHS and love it. Came back 2 weeks ago from our longest trip, both distance and time wise, to Fort Wilderness. We had a great time and there was no way we could have spent 16 days camping in our pop-up. Our kids love having a "room" of their own and I much prefer the easier set-up and break-down.

Jeeplover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:15 AM   #2

Welcome to the site from another Jeep lover. How was Fort Wilderness? We just booked and will be making the trip down from PA next March. We recently up sized from a popup and are also looking at doing longer trips than we would have considered doing with our popup.

Old 07-24-2013, 08:07 PM   #3

Fort Wilderness was fantastic! Next time we go though we will request a different loop so we are closer to the boat dock.

I am glad that we aren't the only ones who wouldn't make longer trips in their pop-up. We did love our pop-up but with a family of 5 it just didn't cut it anymore and the fridge was too darn small.

We aren't too far from one another as I am in Northern VA and my husband actually grew up in South PA (Harrisburg).

Also would love to hear what other places you have camped. We are always on the lookout for new campgrounds.
Jeeplover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 05:48 AM   #4

We normally look for campgrounds where we can get on the water to canoe/kayak, fish and swim.

We got off to a late start camping this year and have only done a couple of local trips, 20 minutes from home, to the Philadelphia/West Chester KOA so far this year. It is nice right on the Brandywine river and close enough to do day trips to Philly and the Amish Country.
I posted a trip report here from last weekend:
http://www.funfinderclub.com/phpBB2/...pic.php?t=1894

A couple of our favorite campgrounds are close to Harrisburg.

We really like Twin Grove Campground (www.twingrove.com), 30-40 min Northeast of Harrisburg, it is great for kids with lots of activities and two pools, it is right across the street from Swatara State Park that has lots of hiking/biking trails and canoeing/kayaking. It is also only 15-20 minutes away from Rausch Creek Offroad park where I sometimes take the Jeep out to play. It is also close to Hershey Park and Knoebles Amusment Park.

We also like Gifford Pinchot State Park between Harrisburg and York, it has a really nice lake and lots of biking and hiking trails.

We currently have the following trips booked:
August 8-13 Twin Grove Campground (PA)
August 30-September 2 Gifford Pinchot State Park (PA)
September 19-22 Big Meadow Campground Shenandoah National Park (VA)
October 11-14 Laurel Hill State Park (PA)
March 22-28 Fort Wilderness Disney

We are also planning on heading down to Great Smoky Mountains National Park between Christmas and New Year's I just need to figure out where we are going to stay. I am also trying to figure out if we can make it out to the Black Hills in South Dakota next summer but not sure if I will have enough vacation time so we may have to put that trip off for one more year.

I would love to here about some of your favorites too.