Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Club Community Forums > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-27-2023, 12:51 PM   #1

Default solar system X-139

Installed a solar system on my X-139,[ only because I couldn't find a company to do it].
I asked a technician at Renogy how to be able to use the AC outlets with the battery. He said to get an inverter. After completing the system I realized the inverter only converted AC to the AC outlets in the back of the inverter.
Is it possible to wire into the AC of the camper then plug that into the inverter? If so then would you unplug or turn off the inverter before connecting to shore power? Thanks Dallas

smokeydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 09:41 PM   #2

When I need AC power, I turn on the inverter and then plug my AC device into the socket on the inverter. It is a small inverter -- less than a thousand watts -- and I use it mostly to charge phones and stuff like that.

I turn off the inverter when the phone is charged -- the inverter would otherwise create a small power drain on the battery.

Let me know if that does not answer the question -- maybe I am missing something.

Old 01-29-2023, 03:37 PM   #3

My inverter is in a area not convenient to access. A sugestion from jbFunFinder was to install a couple of outlets, a different color than the existing ones. Then attach a plug to the romax connecting it to The inverter. There are 3 outlets on the converter so I can also do what you recemented. Thank you for reading and responding Dallas
Old 02-02-2023, 03:32 PM   #4

I planned to.do it soon . Can you post pictures of your set Up ?
Kebbeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 11:14 AM   #5

Default Outlets

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeydog View Post
My inverter is in a area not convenient to access. A sugestion from jbFunFinder was to install a couple of outlets, a different color than the existing ones. Then attach a plug to the romax connecting it to The inverter. There are 3 outlets on the converter so I can also do what you recemented. Thank you for reading and responding Dallas
Smokeydog, I did just this same thing. I found a couple of outlets that I wanted to be powered from the converter and made one side of the outlet converter powered and the other AC powered. You just need to break the connecting strap on both sides of the outlet to separate the two plugs. I then used a label maker and put a label on the converter side so I would remember.
Ahaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 02:41 PM   #6

Sorry I’ve been out of contact for a few days. What all would you like to have photographs of?
Old 02-05-2023, 02:49 PM   #7

That does sound very doable and also would work well. I’ve already gone with the suggestion by PROFDANT139. Wiring in three different outlets and connecting a plug to Romax to plug into the inverter. I used dark brown outlet covers to identify them separate from the camper circuit. Thanks for the comment, that does sound like her reliable way to go also.