Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-24-2012, 10:35 AM   #1

Default Thnking about purchasing XT-245

I was originally thnking about purchasing a pop up camper with a bed to haul my two small quads. After looking around, my wife and I decided to start looking at smaller toy haulers that can comfortably fit my family of six and is light weight. We are pulling it with a 2007 Tahoe Z71 rated for 7700 lbs.

We have looked at the livin lite vrv, but decided that they didn't look very comfortable. We also looked at the Palomina Puma Unleashed 21 TFU Toy Hauler, but though it would be too heavy. After much debate we decided on the 2011 Fun Finder XT-245. I settled with the dealer on a $24,500 out-the-door price to include a hitch package with sway control and a brake controller. I have not purchased this toy hauler yet.

There appears to be a lot of knowledge on this forum. My questions are am I getting a good deal? Is Cruiser RV and fun finder a good brand to go with? Should I be looking more into the other options for lightweight toy haulers such as the vrv or puma?

This will be my first camper, therefore, I want to purchase something new and still under warranty. I have four small children and do not have the time to fix problems that should arise with a used model.

Suzuki LTZ-90 Sport Quad
jcarver678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 12:01 PM   #2
roy

Sounds a litte high to me. We bought a XT-276 last Dec for $22902, sticker was $24935. No hitch included but I bought a new Equilizer 12000# and ball online for under $500 shipped.

WERA Expert #826
roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:58 PM   #3

Take a look at wanarv.com, we bought ours there and they had the best prices we could find in the IL, IN, MI, WI area, and it would be 2 years newer.
BrownNozR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:18 AM   #4

Two places to buy: On line "wholesaler" or an actual dealer.

If price is your only concern, the on line 'wholesaler' may work.

If after purchase service and assistance is a concern, get your best on line 'wholesaler' price and visit with a store front dealer and negotiate.

I checked prices on line and then I went with a dealer.

PS: Only a few hundred more but I have someone to go back to and get service if ever needed.....and someone who will provide factory warrante service. Will the online 'wholesaler' do that for you after the sale
Old 05-09-2012, 06:50 PM   #5

Not sure if that's a good price or not - I found the best price for our 210UDS at All Seasons RV in MI.
Had to drive from TN to MI - they offer delivery but wanted to see it first. It still was the best deal I could find.

Good Luck.
runner421 is offline   Reply With Quote