Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-05-2021, 10:28 AM   #1

Default XT200 Toy Hauler - first RV ever!

Finding some wonderful and very helpful info here. Thanks! We just took our toy hauler out for the first time. Hooked it up and found...leaks, leaks, leaks. Will be working on those in the spring. Will need to replace the release valve for the black water tank. Are those glued in? Is there a way to separate the pipe seams or will they need to be cut? Will try the seal kit first, but pretty sure the entire valve is shot. Anyway, really psyched and will have more questions in the future I am sure. Thanks!

WillyCabin07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 06:56 PM   #2

Welcome to the club! Hopefully the leaks are just in the sewer area and not in the roof. Sewer leaks are not fun to fix, but it is usually pretty easy to locate them, unlike roof leaks.

Some sewer valve bodies can be unscrewed -- some are molded and have to be cut.

You might be able to fix small leaks in the sewer area with JB Weld epoxy. (There may be better products, but that's what I used when my sewer tank developed a small crack. It worked.)

Good luck!!

PS -- if this is your first RV, check out rv.net. There are some good discussions there -- use the search function. There are also a lot of grumpy people over there, unlike this forum, but that one has a huge user base.

Old 01-06-2021, 02:10 PM   #3

Thank you profdant139. Yes, first RV. No roof leaks - give thanks! All plumbing and sewer. We will get some good repair practice right off the bat. Will check out the other website too. Appreciate your help.
WillyCabin07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 09:47 PM   #4

Welcome Willy.
Best on your plumbing repairs.
Old 01-09-2021, 08:58 AM   #5

Welcome Willy !!

On the slide type valves sometimes there are four screws to remove the whole gate and replace it. But if not you might have to cut it and glue a new one in. Take a picture of it and post it.
Old 01-10-2021, 03:29 PM   #6

When we got our toy hauler we found the toilet valve, outside shower, and tub valves all leaking. It appears the previous maintainer did a poor job winterizing as all were cracked. Easy fixes and just emphasized proper winterizing.
Old 01-14-2021, 09:24 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyCabin07 View Post
Finding some wonderful and very helpful info here. Thanks! We just took our toy hauler out for the first time. Hooked it up and found...leaks, leaks, leaks. Will be working on those in the spring. Will need to replace the release valve for the black water tank. Are those glued in? Is there a way to separate the pipe seams or will they need to be cut? Will try the seal kit first, but pretty sure the entire valve is shot. Anyway, really psyched and will have more questions in the future I am sure. Thanks!
Welcome to the group!

I was able to remove and replace mine but be forewarned that getting the seals to stay in place while tightening the 4 bolts is a hassle. Tighten them evenly. I used one of these and it fit perfectly: Valterra Bladex 3-Inch Waste Valve Body with Metal Handle, Mess-Free Waste Valve for RV's, Campers, Trailers
Old 01-15-2021, 05:30 PM   #8

Welcome from another XT-200 owner. I have had several leaks in mine too, also from poor maintenance from a previous owner. I also had some roof and front cap leaks, which I didn't know what to look for when buying.

I have never used my shower because it isn't tall enough for me and I can't find a shower curtain that uses those hooks.

snlsmith is offline   Reply With Quote