Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Tech > Modifications, Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-22-2014, 07:12 PM   #1

Default 189 FBS Sofa Slider Storage Mod

Just thought I'd share my latest mod.

Last season I pulled the panel off the front of the sliding sofa to find a good deal of usable space, even with the slide open. With space a premium in this trailer, I figured I would mod the sofa slider so that I could easily stow stuff away underneath.

This last weekend, I built out custom side panels and new hinged front panel to match the rest of the mill work:

I'm currently looking for some plastic storage totes that will fit neatly into the various areas to maximize storage. If I can't find anything that is suitable, I will fab up some of my own storage bins made to fit.

Ed

Ed Venture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 10:17 PM   #2

Default 189 FBS Sofa Slider Storage Mod

Sofa looks great but I couldn't take my eyes off the floor. Doesn't look factory to me. Looks like whoever put it in did a great job.
Our 2014 189 FBS has a lot of storage under sofa, you just have to have three hands to use it, (one to hold bottom cushion up and two to put or get whatever you are storing under it). Oh well, nice job on your sofa.
mthiker33 is offline   Reply With Quote