Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-27-2017, 02:29 PM   #1

Default 2003 Cruiser RV Fun Finder T189 FBR

Having trouble with electrical outlets. The one underneath sink and and the bathroom is not active. The one behind the TV outlet is active. I tried checking the utility box but nothing has been tripped.. Is there another switch that controls these outlets or should I replace these outlets?

Route66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 02:49 PM   #2

The one under the sink is a GFCI. Be sure it is not tripped. I'm pretty sure this one and the bath are on the same circuit to protect both wet areas.

Jwh92020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 03:25 PM   #3

Did you turn on the tv amplifier? Without it you won't get anything.
twinster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 05:49 PM   #4

Default tv amplifies

Turned ON the RED button behind the tv next to the cable box.
Old 09-03-2017, 01:46 PM   #5

Default Route66

I have test all my outlets. The ONLY 1 that works is behind the TV in the wall where the antenna cable comes in. I have dead outlets 1 outside, 1 in bathroom, 1 GFI under kitchen sink, and 1 under kitchen table. Any suggestions? I have checked the breaker box and none are tripped. Should I start replacing each outlet one at a time?
Old 09-03-2017, 03:59 PM   #6

All of those outlets are on the same circuit. I would start with the gfci. If it's bad, none of them will work.
Old 09-03-2017, 04:49 PM   #7

Default Route66

So I should replace the GFCI outlet under the sink or is it the fuse?
Old 09-03-2017, 05:02 PM   #8

Do you have a circuit tester? I would pull the gfci out and test the wires going into it & out. If the input has power & the out doesn't, replace the receptacle. If the input doesn't have power, check the breaker in the panel box.
Old 09-05-2017, 03:35 PM   #9

Default Route66

I replaced the GFCI. I get a green light on. But circuit tester does NOT light up. Nothing that I plug in to this outlet or any other other outlets still does NOT work.
Old 09-05-2017, 03:58 PM   #10

A couple of ideas. 1 - Did you test the wires feeding the gfci for power before you installed the new ones? 2 - There are 2 connections on a gfci receptacle. One is for the hot side coming from the breaker, the other is to feed receptacles down line. If you reverse the lines, the breaker may light up but it won't pass power to something plugged into it or power on down the line. Also, pull the receptacle in the bathroom to be sure that the wires are secure. Test the wires, not the receptacle for current. It's possible that the line feeds from breaker panel to bathroom, bathroom to gfci, gfci to under table and under table to outside. If all that fails, find the breaker in the panel that feeds the gfci and test the wires going to it from the main. I just added 2 more receptacles in mine in between the gfci and the outside. Killed the main, cut the line from gfci to outside, put in 1 receptacle, ran a new line from it to where I wanted the other receptacle, tied the existing line to the outside to the 2nd receptacle. Threw the main back on and had power all along the line. Your wild card has got to be in the connection from the panel to gfci.
Old 09-06-2017, 05:24 AM   #11

Default Route66

Thank you for all your assistance. Got it up and running to ALL outlets and the refrigerator has power now. Just have to let it run for a long time to test for COLD. Thank you
Old 09-06-2017, 05:32 AM   #12

Glad you got it working. Whst was the problem? The frig takes quite a while to get cold.