Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-25-2022, 09:17 PM   #1

Default 2005 ff sc t160

Hello, I just got a new to me 2005 FF SC T160. I bought it from someone who inherited it. Overall, it seems like it was somewhat maintained with no leaks or soft spots. It was mainly kept in his backyard as more of a relaxing spot. But I have noticed some weird things. The 30 amp inlet has a 15amp in its place. The outlets work but no lights or anything else so I am taking it the converter is possibly bad. Is it ok just to replace the inlet with a 30 amps head again? What is the best replacement for a series 7300 model 7345 converter? When I search I get this just seeing if yall have seen other upgrades https://www.etrailer.com/question-563529.html . Thank you for your time.
Attached Thumbnails
1.jpg   20221025_184425.jpg   20221025_184556.jpg   20221025_184605.jpg   20221025_185659.jpg  

Bobbyb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 08:01 AM   #2
Site Team

Progressive Dynamics is a good drop in replacement. That's what I did when my WFCO failed. You might get a better price from Best Converter, they specialize in RV electrical.

From your description of the PO's use my guess is the cord was changed to connect to a 15A outlet, no reason not to go back to a 30A cord.

LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 11:54 AM   #3

Best Converter is my place to go.

Randy, the owner, will answer any & all of your questions on the phone — before you buy, offer recommendations, and advice — even if you don’t buy from him.

There is likely no one with more knowledge than him when it comes to RV electrical. Family-owned and operated, veteran, good online presence as well as a brick & mortar location, swift shipping, good website, very fair prices, good guarantees.

There are things that the manufacturers will not tell you because of either liability or they just don’t know — but Randy will be straight with you.

Best, Fred
foakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 01:18 PM   #4

Thank you both. I have sent him an email. I like to support veterans. so will see what he has to say.
Bobbyb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 04:42 PM   #5

If the PO only kept it in the “backyard” for relaxing, I agree with LJAZ in that the male plug can go back to being a 30 Amp plug. While replacing the converter is a common “upgrade” with many here on this forum, before you do that, check to see if all of the fuses are intact. You could also check (with a cheapo voltmeter) if the converter’s system is sending current back to the battery (maintainer mode) while plugged into “shore power”. That might give you some clues as to the “health” of the converter.

2007 Shadow Cruiser x210, 2004 RAM 2500 4x4 QuadCab SLT 5.9L CTD, Factory Tow Pkg (3.73 axle), HaulMaster WDH
RipVan is offline   Reply With Quote