Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Tech > Modifications, Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-29-2017, 08:50 AM   #1

Default 2006 FunFinder X decals..idea

Got tired of looking at cracked, peeling, part missing decals on my 2006. Looked into replacements but being into street rods there was always a guy at rod runs doing pin striping so I decided to try my hand at redoing my decals. Got some One Shot sign paint in hot rod red and black, small assortment of brushes, feathered the rough edges of the peeling decals and washed and wiped with acetone. Used black to outline entire edges of decal and filled in with red as needed. Paint is thick, does not run! Covers where decal is missing up to where they are still intact. Have been told I could have used black permanent marker to outline. Very pleased with the results...took one day to do them all. True, the edges are not as sharp as stock but I sort of like the rough edge look.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Funfinder.jpeg
Views:	15
Size:	160.9 KB
ID:	649

Click image for larger version

Name:	Funfinder1.jpeg
Views:	13
Size:	185.5 KB
ID:	650

xbassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 09:32 AM   #2

It looks good, and I've thought of doing that too, but how do you get the paint off if you decide you need to replace the decals?

Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 10:49 AM   #3

That looks great. I'm in the process of removing my decals as they are beyond saving. It's not a lot of fun, but in the end, it will be worth it. I'm having a vinyl guy make up some new name decals but in black & silver to match my trucks. They will go back where the originals are and I'll probably leave the trailer white.
Jwh92020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 11:44 AM   #4

I am sure my paint job will last the life of my FF. Removal of the paint would be a pain. But Semper Paratus.
Old 08-29-2017, 11:45 PM   #5

BTW, where did you get the paint?
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 07:32 AM   #6

Being an x member of the Golden Triangle Street Rod Club I still maintain contacts n friend had large assortment of Eastwood One Shot.
Old 08-30-2017, 08:55 AM   #7

What methods did you use to remove the old decals?
twinster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 12:51 PM   #8

Neighbor has a class c motorhome with faded decals. He's taking it to a place that makes custom decals for race cars/campers/etc. They will remove the old ones and make new ones and install them.
Old 08-30-2017, 01:27 PM   #9

Default FF Decals

Scraped edges with razor blade light sand wash n paint with thick one shot sign painters paint...super thick lot of build. Used one fine point soft brissel brush one 1/8" flat brissel n one 1/2" same style brush. Can't tell where I trimmed label this paint is great. EBay/has it but costs n u will have a lot left over. I used less than 2oz of red n black for whole job n spent less than $10 but paint was donated. Don't try this with normal paint, runs n won't cover. Eagle jumped in with a plan B, will outshine my job but my savings will buy many porterhouses. Lol.
Attached Thumbnails
fflabel1.jpeg