Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2015, 09:40 PM   #1

Default 2006 T139 Another Boone docking/Battery question

I'm considering a used T-139 that would primarily be used at music festivals and other boone dock situations where there would be no power. I'd want to plug in chargers/laptops/or run a small box fan off of the AC outlets. Would the panel of 2006 T-139 have an inverter to go from DC to AC, or would I have to install one similar to what one would use in a vehicle?

How does the amp draw work with an inverter?

Thanks in advance.
GR

georger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 10:27 PM   #2

We had a T-139 and now have an X-139. We have two group 31 batteries. I have installed a small inverter inside the cabin, hooked up to the 12 volt power via the cigarette lighter type socket. We can run a few small things off the inverter on ordinary alternating current. The inverter itself draws some power -- a few watts. That power draw will be listed on the spec sheet that comes with the inverter. Each inverter has its own limits -- it'll say 250 watts or whatever.

Don't overload the inverter! You could blow a fuse. Please don't ask how I learned this lesson. The inverter comes with one spare fuse. Just one.
profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote