Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Tech > Modifications, Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-18-2021, 11:02 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by profdant139 View Post
If it is discharging fast, it could be on its way out. Pro tip: don't leave a lead acid battery to run flat. Keep it topped up. A trickle charger would do the job.

If you just let your battery slowly discharge (especially below 12 volts), it will damage and destroy the battery. Please do not ask how I learned this expensive lesson.

I have been using the BatteryMinderPlus for about ten years now, and I get much better life out of my two group 31 batteries. The BMP pulses, which supposedly reduces sulfation.
The battery just turned 3 years old this year. It spent all Winter on a “smart charger” in my heated garage. It was in good condition when I mounted it on the camper last month. Since there was no active drain during the time from when the fuse was blown, I am hoping that the self discharge has not resulted in a completely dead battery. When plugged into shore power, the micro monitor does indicate that the battery is being charged and when disconnected from the shore power the monitor shows a good charge. I would really like to get one more season out of this battery.
RE: the OP purchasing a new converter, I do hope that he checked the reverse polarity fuses on the converter’s fuse panel before doing so. I have read that many folks are less than happy with the OEM WFCO converters on their Fun Finders but I must say that mine has performed well ever since we bought our camper.

2007 Shadow Cruiser x210, 2004 RAM 2500 4x4 QuadCab SLT 5.9L CTD, Factory Tow Pkg (3.73 axle), HaulMaster WDH
RipVan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery power, no battery power