Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-18-2023, 05:05 PM   #1

Default 2010 X210 axle

Can anyone provide the part number(s) for the axles on a X210. Mine doesn’t have any stickers on them and I need to replace one due to the spindle being severely cross threaded by the previous owner. I have been told that it could be either Lippert or Dexter axles. I contacted Cruiser Parts and they were no help and rude. I was told that they are making 2024 RVs now and don’t support the old units! Thanks for any help!

Skyspy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 01:08 PM   #2
APD

Steve, I got my replacement/upgrade axle thru Country Boy Trailers over near Cumming Ga. They will not order any replacement axle unless they do the measuring themselves. In other words you would need to carry the old axle to them to measure/order. They require a deposit as well. My replacement was a Dexter Torflex and it took only about a week to arrive. There may be a trailer dealer nearer to Stockbridge that would do the same. I used these guys because they are close to me up here.

PS: also Country Boys is a dealer for most every axle manufacturer so brand names shouldn't make a difference.

1994 GMC Camper Van,
APD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2023, 02:22 PM   #3

After much research, I now have a replacement axel on order. As a refresher, this is for a 2010/2011 X210. It appears that Cruiser used BOTH Lippert and Dexter axles on these units. I knew that mine were Dexter EZ-lube axles but couldn’t find anything on exactly what the specs were on the axles. When I contacted Crusier, they told me that my unit, based on the serial number, had 1200# Lippert axles…I knew that was incorrect! After much research, I found an article from Dexter that stated all of their axles since April 2001 were engraved with a serial/lot number about 18” from the backplate. I had already looked at the axles for a sticker or some type of marking but found nothing. Armed with the new info, I crawled back under with a scotchbrite pad. After scrubbing the axle to remove some of the heavy paint, I discovered that there was in fact markings from Dexter. I recorded the number and contacted several Dexter axle distributors to get a quote. To my surprise, none of them, including Dexter Sales, recognized the number. I did have two that were willing to do more research (Dexter and Country Boy Trailers). After about a week, they both contacted me with information from the factory. The axle beam specs are: 2800# 83.5” hub face, 68.5 spring. Cost was around $200 + shipping. Country Boy Trailers was less expensive on shipping so I placed the order with them. Very nice group! Anyway, now everyone has some specs for the Dexter axles.
Old 05-03-2023, 03:37 PM   #4

https://www.funfinderclub.com/forums...4130-albums171

Tags
axle replacement, x210 dexter axle info