Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-21-2010, 10:35 AM   #1

Default 2011 189FBS slide adjustment??

Hi, on our rig, the slide needs adjusting. The top is about 2-3in from the wall when extended. the bottom is tight and the gasket is flat--sealing the sides. The top is not even in contact with the opening frame, so nothing is sealed on the top, and part way down the sides. When you sit on the sofa, the slide top moves, and the sofabed tilts down towards the center.

Has anyone adjusted their slide for this problem?

tia, Ron

Old 09-22-2010, 02:12 AM   #2

Default Re: 2011 189FBS slide adjustment??

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondi
Hi, on our rig, the slide needs adjusting. The top is about 2-3in from the wall when extended. the bottom is tight and the gasket is flat--sealing the sides. The top is not even in contact with the opening frame, so nothing is sealed on the top, and part way down the sides. When you sit on the sofa, the slide top moves, and the sofabed tilts down towards the center.

Has anyone adjusted their slide for this problem?

tia, Ron
If its a 2011 take it back to the deal and have them do it. Make fun finder fix their problems beleive me they need to spend some money fixing all their mistakes and poor quality Im sure once you start reading into all the problems that all of us owners have already had and are dealing with on a daily basis youll understand

queball110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 03:41 PM   #3

Default Fix Slide

I agree with the advice you got. The FF techs should be able to realign your slide to fit properly. I am one of the large "silent majority" that have had little or no problems with my FF 189FBS, after many miles of use. These forums attract those who have had problems, and that is a good thing, because often ideas are forthcoming and FF does see that they are far from perfect. However I have belonged to other forums such as this e.g. Aliner where you see a litany of unhappy owners. However I personally am aware of many, many Aliners that take a licking and keep on ticking.

Every brand has their share of lemons, which should have been picked off at either quality control or the PDI (Pre Delivery Inspection).
flugelboneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 06:01 PM   #4

Hi, i'm the OP. Of coarse i'm gonna have my slide adjusted by the dealer!
BUT i was wondering if others had this problem. I think this is similar to the problem i have with my FW tank, as posted here and on the Yahoo forum. One of the moderators there posted about angle supports, which is what my dealer suggested--but it gotta be approved by FF. And dlhilliard on this forum with a 2009 has the same problem with his FW tank. Maybe they are faulty tanks since they sag so much when filled.

My slide seals fine when closed which implies the basic alignment is correct, and since it is extended from the bottom---it seems to me--once it is out at the bottom, it can't go further--so how is it gonna seal at the top??? Is it tilted inward?? or does it need "something" to tilt it outward?

I think i misworded my question--what i really want to know--have others had this problem?? and was it corrected by the dealer??

Ron